WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

I need a vote!!

Rowleym

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The VW VR6 engine was originally designed to be the voice of Chewbacca for the star wars films in the late 90s. It didnt get the part and they started sticking them in cars.

Aaaah haha. Yea for sure! Supposedly ford used them too. Like you can take a valve cover off a ford and put it on a vr6.

As in more than one owner? Or just he keeps not making up his mind if he wants it or not.

I emailed him at one point to play around with possibly trading my 325i for it. He said he mainly wants to sell the car to fund his WRX project. He also said that he wouldnt feel good trading for my E30 because it was way too clean and nice compared to his E34 and that he would be tempted to put money into the E30 instead of the WRX.

I think its still worth taking a look at.

And yes, the 240sx and VWs are often a gateway into the BMW world.

Edited by Snap Understeer

I emailed him at one point to play around with possibly trading my 325i for it. He said he mainly wants to sell the car to fund his WRX project. He also said that he wouldnt feel good trading for my E30 because it was way too clean and nice compared to his E34 and that he would be tempted to put money into the E30 instead of the WRX.

I think its still worth taking a look at.

And yes, the 240sx and VWs are often a gateway into the BMW world.

Wow. I guess pictures make it look better than it is I guess. I might good look at it for the hell of it. I was planning on swapping the s50 into my e30 and the m50 back into that car.

Wow. I guess pictures make it look better than it is I guess. I might good look at it for the hell of it. I was planning on swapping the s50 into my e30 and the m50 back into that car.

I had a similar thought. Swap S50 into E30, swap M20 back into E34, sell, profit :D

If it wasn't a damn m44 or whatever I would buy it today haha. I want to know how slow it actually is..

It would be an m42, which is way better than the m44. They're not horrible. They're good for auto-x and can be built to be very quick. They're not a checp motor to get power out of though. A chip brightens them up really quick though.

Go drive earls Ti, an then cut that speed in half, because verts are way heavier then a TI

You could have driven mine....now it cannot be done. lol It would be slightly slower than mine due to be much heavier than a compact. I think my car is the same, or slightly lighter than a coupe.