WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

I need a vote!!

Rowleym

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is going to be my dd, it gets decent mileage right? I definitely like redline.. This guy is the second owner for the last 6 months. It doesn't have service records though. Anything I should really look out for? I will be getting coils right away also.

Why coils on a daily driver? (just wondering) I love having a daily driver that has soft suspension and plenty of ground clearance. I drive in a straight line down the road with no regard for taking the path of least bumps.

Why coils on a daily driver? (just wondering) I love having a daily driver that has soft suspension and plenty of ground clearance. I drive in a straight line down the road with no regard for taking the path of least bumps.

More lows. I like to have a low and slow daily driver. The lower I am, the less I'm likely to speed and do stupid stuff. Less tickets. I like to modify my dd's to make a good looking, good sounding car. Not fast haha

More lows. I like to have a low and slow daily driver. The lower I am, the less I'm likely to speed and do stupid stuff. Less tickets. I like to modify my dd's to make a good looking, good sounding car. Not fast haha

A slammed e36 isn't hard to drive. Mine was absolutely dumped and I loved it=)

My mileage was 32-36mpg mixed. 36mpg was being nice. 32mpg was with fun runs. I never got any less than 28mpg. This is one of my main reasons for keeping the m42 for now.

A slammed e36 isn't hard to drive. Mine was absolutely dumped and I loved it=)

My mileage was 32-36mpg mixed. 36mpg was being nice. 32mpg was with fun runs. I never got any less than 28mpg. This is one of my main reasons for keeping the m42 for now.

So I will probably get around 30 with the hard top? This thing is nice, I just don't know about it because it has no history. Any things I need to know about m42's?

So I will probably get around 30 with the hard top? This thing is nice, I just don't know about it because it has no history. Any things I need to know about m42's?

Nothing much. The only thing is coolant system. That's the same with all e36's. I never changed mine and never had any issues thus far.

30 should be more than achievable. An m50 in a vert gets around 28 mpg highway, so you will be good.

98% of cars you ever buy will have no history. I've bought every one of my cars with little prior knowledge of the car.

Someone should talk me out of an a4 Quattro 1.8t

You think you dislike the mk4 now....you would be asking for trouble there.

Get the vert man. lol Stop second guessing it. I have never bought a car

with any history. Most people buy cars without knowing the history. That

e36 wouldn't be as clean as it is if it was neglected=D lol There is a sign

for you right there. Plus, it is a hell of a lot easier, and more affordable, to

fix compared to a 1.8t:p

See, I have to basically sell, or convince that the car is the right move, to my mom. She thinks I'm dumb for wanting an older, rwd, convertible while living and going to school in Wisconsin. She is a long time BMW owner, but when she moved to the Midwest, she ditched them and got awd. The worst part is that she drives the Jetta sometimes, and she LOVES it. Especially right now when everything works perfect. The reason i was thinking about the a4 is because it's 1.) easy to mod 2.) Quattro

See, I have to basically sell, or convince that the car is the right move, to my mom. She thinks I'm dumb for wanting an older, rwd, convertible while living and going to school in Wisconsin. She is a long time BMW owner, but when she moved to the Midwest, she ditched them and got awd. The worst part is that she drives the Jetta sometimes, and she LOVES it. Especially right now when everything works perfect. The reason i was thinking about the a4 is because it's 1.) easy to mod 2.) Quattro

Sell the mk4 to her then. lol I seriously advise you to stay away from an a4. Ask Sara how many problems she has had. The mk4 will seem like it was nothing in comparison to the a4. If you want awd, just get an xi e46=) Stay away from the Audi.

Sell the mk4 to her then. lol I seriously advise you to stay away from an a4. Ask Sara how many problems she has had. The mk4 will seem like it was nothing in comparison to the a4. If you want awd, just get an xi e46=) Stay away from the Audi.

I just looked up e46ix vs a4 Quattro on BF.c, and surprisingly, the a4 won

Well then just keep the mk4. lol Don't even get an a4 unless you want to spend a ton of money yearly. That one guy claims at least $1500 a year for upkeep.

I SPENT 3k IN ONE YEAR. haha. Also, if he brought it to a dealer, that could be a timing belt(1000) and oxygen sensor lol.

I SPENT 3k IN ONE YEAR. haha. Also, if he brought it to a dealer, that could be a timing belt(1000) and oxygen sensor lol.

That was for each year he has owned it. lol You replaced things that the previous owner neglected, that you most likely won't have to deal with ever again. They are replacing things that constantly go bad. I say steer away from any newer volkswagen/audi. They are trouble.

I don't know why you NEED awd. Snow tires on a bmw works insanely well. You're looking for a daily. The e30 can be your fun car. Instead of spending too much money on a car you don't need, why not just buy a reliable beater? There are plenty of camrys and corollas out there to be had that will cost you no more than $2500. The money you save can be used to further invest in the e30.

If you want to waste money fixing a car all the time, preventing you to afford parts for the e30, then I guess the audi would be a good idea:confused:

The 1.8T had oil sludge issues, coilpack issues, turbo issues, a poor front suspension design and RWD or FWD with snow tires owns AWD with all-seasons errday

Just never touch a VW or Audi ever again. When you own one you get Stockholm Syndrome and convince yourself they are worth it. How do you think all this stance nonsense started up? VW and Audi guys got sick of having slow bad handling cars that broke all the time so they tried to flip things around and make it cool to have broken rat-style cars.

okay well that last bit was made-up, but it sounds legit. ... :D

The 1.8T had oil sludge issues, coilpack issues, turbo issues, a poor front suspension design and RWD or FWD with snow tires owns AWD with all-seasons errday

Just never touch a VW or Audi ever again. When you own one you get Stockholm Syndrome and convince yourself they are worth it. How do you think all this stance nonsense started up? VW and Audi guys got sick of having slow bad handling cars that broke all the time so they tried to flip things around and make it cool to have broken rat-style cars.

You know you HAVE to listen to Snap=D He is a mod........

You can't say that bmw's aren't maintenance free ;) My mom thinks I'm freaking insane for buying snow tires and summer tires. I definitely tried to convince myself for a while. I like turbo issues :) but I guess.. Slow daily it is..

That was for each year he has owned it. lol You replaced things that the previous owner neglected, that you most likely won't have to deal with ever again. They are replacing things that constantly go bad. I say steer away from any newer volkswagen/audi. They are trouble.

I don't know why you NEED awd. Snow tires on a bmw works insanely well. You're looking for a daily. The e30 can be your fun car. Instead of spending too much money on a car you don't need, why not just buy a reliable beater? There are plenty of camrys and corollas out there to be had that will cost you no more than $2500. The money you save can be used to further invest in the e30.

If you want to waste money fixing a car all the time, preventing you to afford parts for the e30, then I guess the audi would be a good idea:confused:

Ladies like newer cars. I like ladies. Not going to drive a shit box around ;) but yea. Probably wont get that a4 now..