WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

That must have been a ton of masking to just dip the wheels and spoiler.  Did you use the factory tow hook in the front to do it?
Masking wasn't bad really, I didn't mask anything in wheels other than the calipers, I just peeled it off the tires. Tow hook? For what?
Solid "Meh" on the black from me.I don't like black wheels ever tho - so I'm biased.
The wheels are temporary, I'll be getting 18" mesh wheels in the future, but they're also black so you won't like them either :)
I like it! those Fuchs TJ has would work really well with that look too. 
Thanks Bro-Chief, if those Fuchs were 18s I would have bought them instantly!

Masking wasn't bad really, I didn't mask anything in wheels other than the calipers, I just peeled it off the tires. Tow hook? For what?

The common practice for dipping car parts or cars is to dip them in a vat appropriately sized for the item.  Since you did the wheels and the rear....thing....I assumed you had a car sized vat, masked off what you didn't want dipped and lifted the car into the vat with a crane hooked to the front tow point.

Wasn't for sale. It was sitting in a driveway in Waukesha covered for quite some time. Decided to go knock on the door to see if he'd sell it. Apparently he bought it this way 9 years ago and had all the parts to fix it but never got around to it.

Very cool.  Those can be worth some decent dollars!

Too bad the Z3 wasn't a coupe, I'd almost guarantee is sold.

I thought my description was how one plasti-dipped......thus the term 'dipped'

Wasn't for sale. It was sitting in a driveway in Waukesha covered for quite some time. Decided to go knock on the door to see if he'd sell it. Apparently he bought it this way 9 years ago and had all the parts to fix it but never got around to it.

Nice, did he give you a decent price or did he try to give you the air cooled tax that seems to be rising with every passing day?

I thought my description was how one plasti-dipped......thus the term 'dipped'

U pullin ma leg, son?

Nice, did he give you a decent price or did he try to give you the air cooled tax that seems to be rising with every passing day?

He was pretty easy to deal with and I am told by someone who knows these very well that I got a pretty good deal. I think it will be a great investment.