WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Build Thread?

GunMetalGrey

• 1 month later...

So, I will make a larger update at some point, but the car has been "finished" to the point of driving, ordered some stuff yesterday, sent my rear shock mount through the trunk, and as a result may need a new tire, even though the current one only has 50 or so miles. And life carries on, got my black window banner;) few pictures?

post-638-136211547269_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

My build threads are garbage, so I will try to get a better one this winter.

To start off is there anyone in milwaukee that could drop by someones house and check something out for me?

As many of you may have heard, I think I am done with the m50 due to the simple fact that EVERYONE has one lol. I like it, but I need to be a hipster!

Finally had some time to work on the car today after busting my ass for the past three days on tims car trying to get the m50 situated. If his car was a late model it would have been sooo easy, but no he had to have the early model lol. Right now it doesn't crank, the starter spins but doesn't engage. Lots of possibilities to look into.

Anyway, I got the car back in the garage and decided to make it a bit easier to work on

Posted Image

Everything came off real nice and easy, figured this would be nice because now I don't have to worry about scratching/denting my nice body panels!

So the plan right meow is to shave the bay, take out all the unnecessary brackets and things that the new motor won't be using, went to harbor freight and picked up this bad boy to help me out a bit!

Posted Image

The right angle should make it real nice to work with, after shaving the bay out, the bay will get a respray I think, make it nice and fresh!

At this point the m60 is a definite yes, and I am just working on sourcing one, which is tricky. Also going to be going with the five speed (given I can find one) and we shall have some gnarly v8 power!

So glad that I am leaving the m50 swap, it was just too common for me!

Next big task is to remove this....

Posted Image