WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Gopherbrain Introduction - e30 M3 content!

gopherbrain

New member here. I've owned a 1991 e30 325i coupe for 6 or 7 years, and recently added a 1988 M3. The M3 is an S52 swap, and if this offends you please feel free to keep it to yourself. I rescued it from NJ, where it was cared for and loved by the guys at Guten.

post-1497-136211549159_thumb.jpg

post-1497-136211549165_thumb.jpg

post-1497-136211549174_thumb.jpg

post-1497-13621154918_thumb.jpg

post-1497-136211549185_thumb.jpg

Exterior:

- Hella Smiley Euro Ellipsoid headlights

- Front Tow hook covers

- Euro front grills

- Evo 3 adjustable rear wing

- Evo 2 front splitter

- Single wiper system

Interior:

- Alpine 400watt system

- Diamond audio component speakers front and rear

- Interior of vehicle lined with dynamite

- New oe carpet all pieces

- Recaro sports seats

- Whole interior covered in porsche leather and alcantara centers, grey stitching trim

- All pillars of car, rear deck, & visors wrapped in alcantara

- Evo 3 steering wheel

- V1 Hardwire

Engine:

- s52 - approximately 58,000 miles

- Castro Intake Box

- Euro HFM

- 24# injectors

- TRM chip

- e36 radiator

- Rogue cat back exhaust

- Shorty Headers

- new bosch alternator

Brakes:

- Brembo front BBK (Lotus Caliper & Brembo rotors)

- SS brake lines

Suspension:

- Bilstein sports & H&R springs

- cambre plates

- M coupe diff cover

- BW control arm mounts

- Ireland engineering sway bar

post-1497-136211549192_thumb.jpg

My 1991 325i is a slushbox that I bought when living in San Francisco, where I didn't want to drive a manual. I have all the parts for 5-speed swap that I bought before I found the M3. I can't decide whether to sell the car and the swap kit, finish the swap and sell it as a manual, or finish the swap and keep it around as a summer daily driver. It's got about 110k miles, aftermarket suspension, Borbet wheels, an Mtech2 spoiler (not in this picture), and smiley headlights but it is otherwise pretty stock.

I'll have to try to make it to an event next spring or summer. Both cars are asleep for the winter, and I might not be welcome in my daily driver (2001 Audi S4 avant). Plus, I'm an intruder on the board, as I actually live in MN (but mnbmw.com is lame).

I've never tracked either of my cars. I might want to start with the 325i and work my way up to the M3. The guy I bought the M3 from used it as a back-up track car once in a while (he was a BMWCCA instructor with a dedicated e36 M3 with an S54 swap for track use) and he said it was the strongest S52 car he has ever run.

A few more pics just for the hell of it.

post-1497-136211549209_thumb.jpg

post-1497-136211549198_thumb.jpg

post-1497-136211549204_thumb.jpg

Blunt actually called me a couple years back to tell me about an e36 M3 that I was interested in. Proudest day of my life.

Every good WIBimmers thread gets hijacked at least once so here I go:

bassboy3313 ordered something from Blunt tech. I caught wind of it and sent Blunt a PM over on r3v.

me: My friend told me he ordered some parts from you. He is an e21 guy and I told him to use blunttech. I think he needs a special blunttech welcome package ( contents gift-wrapped in paper with sketches of penors all over it) I think he would appreciate it.

blunt: lol You think he can handle the penor??

me: He definitely needs the penor.

blunt: ok His shit just left heavily ladened with the cock n balls I hope this dude has a sense of humor

a few days later bassboy3313 tells me he got his parts and said absolutely nothing about the decorated packaging LOL

blunt is a good guy

and so is bassboy for not getting me back :D

Edited by Snap Understeer