WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Are you storing your BMW for winter?

B C

I hate the idea of owning a car that doesn't get driven. I really love to see a car that gets used and damage/wear doesn't stand in the way of the drivers enjoyment. BUT I really do want to keep my E30 rust-free. I also have a distinct fear of some Starbucks sipping SUV mom doing her best impression of a hockey puck into the rear of my E30 at a stoplight on a snowy day. Thus I store my car in the winter and drive my 93 Camry with sideswipe damage. As a bonus, driving the Camry makes the E30 feel like a Veyron with NOS (2 big bottles) when I first bring it back out in the spring.

Does yours get parked or does it suffer through the salt?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan's subaru is already face fucked. I'll be driving my E28 in winter. I don't want to. But I haven't picked up a second car yet. But whatever. time to make my 3 piece fittipaldi reps look amazing. Oh, and I have a fucked front end now, due to someone hitting me. So.. Fuck it. Bring the salt.

It's a car... drive it. Throw snows on it and it makes for a super fun car to drive in snow.

540's seen winter all it's life, snows make it amazing, and the DSC is very sweet, also much better when turned off... but I know you are talking e30

dsc in action

My Dad loved his 540i in the snow. Same goes for my E28's, BMW's in general kick ass in the winter. The E28 has been parked for the winter this year though as I'm gonna start ripping it apart for the rebuild. I just purchased a 1998 C2500 6.5l Turbo Diesel Suburban which will be my daily until the E28 is finished up in the spring.