WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Are you storing your BMW for winter?

B C

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm removal all the trust? I'm just not painting the door jams basically. Not bringing it to bare either. Well not at all spots. Just scuffing the primer and respraying with rattle can(bought the paint before I found out my dad has multiple paint guns and lots of experience painting cars) and then spraying a real clear coat.

Well I'm removal all the trust? I'm just not painting the door jams basically. Not bringing it to bare either. Well not at all spots. Just scuffing the primer and respraying with rattle can(bought the paint before I found out my dad has multiple paint guns and lots of experience painting cars) and then spraying a real clear coat.

That reads like something a spammer would post.

MODS, GET IN HERE.

If I were you, I'd ditch the spray cans. Having owned a car that was rattle canned, the paint didn't last 6 months with prep. Every time I went through the car wash, it would flake off. Take the time and do it somewhat decently even if you don't want a show quality job, especially if your father is an experienced painter. I think it would be better than having to keep respraying spots when they fall apart.

Prep work makes the difference. Using quality materials helps a lot as well. Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.

This. Spraypaint looks "ok" at best, for a week, MAYBE. Then it falls to shambles. A clear coat won't do shit to spray paint. Do it right. Hell, if your dad doesn't want to paint it, I've got a full car paint booth. I'll spray it for you. But that costs $$

• 2 weeks later...