WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

BMW Concept Touring Coupe is a Z4-based Clownshoe

Jdesign

The rear looks a little crunched down like the X4/X6. Rear quarters slope upward a bit too high for my liking and rear window looks tiny.

Despite those (unavoidable) criticisms I still think it looks great. GT look. Doubt it would sell well here in the US unfortunately and I'm sure that will be one of the biggest reasons it never sees production, would love to see it go on sale regardless though.

On 5/23/2023 at 1:18 PM, Jdesign said:

Discuss..

Turd. Ultimate ego-machine. Might handle well on a track, but likely un-inspiring in normal driving. But I'm a wierdo that likes cars that are less than 3000 lbs and make you feel like you're in danger driving at normal highway speeds.

12 hours ago, HipMF said:

Turd. Ultimate ego-machine. Might handle well on a track, but likely un-inspiring in normal driving. But I'm a wierdo that likes cars that are less than 3000 lbs and make you feel like you're in danger driving at normal highway speeds.

I like this feeling too. 🤗

I like it. Is it perfect? No. I think it’s a far better brand of offbeat than the stuff they’ve been pushing lately. Hopefully this means that some restrained cars will make it through the pipeline instead of all these gaudy ass SUV’s. 

Also, a B58 clownshoe? Sign me up!

7 hours ago, P_Roloff said:

Hopefully this means that some restrained cars will make it through the pipeline instead of all these gaudy ass SUV’s.

I saw an XM yesterday, didn’t know what it was at first but wasn’t about the design at all.

besides the lip under the rear window that is also an ugly carry over from the SUV’s I like this as well. I think the tail lights and mid section of the rear have some Z8 influence. 

I would be surprised if we got it too but seems like it’s different enough from the Supra coupe that it could be marketed at a higher price point. 

On 6/2/2023 at 3:47 PM, YoungCR said:

I saw an XM yesterday, didn’t know what it was at first but wasn’t about the design at all.

besides the lip under the rear window that is also an ugly carry over from the SUV’s I like this as well. I think the tail lights and mid section of the rear have some Z8 influence. 

I would be surprised if we got it too but seems like it’s different enough from the Supra coupe that it could be marketed at a higher price point. 

The XM is atrocious. If you wanted that kind of styling, why wouldn’t you buy a Urus or something instead? That’s who I think they’re chasing, the RSQ8 (which I think looks way better still), Urus, big flabby ostentatious SUV market. 

Give me as much Z8 influence as possible 😂 I think they might have a slot to market it as more of a GT alternative to the Supra sports car; soften it up, make it sporty but long distance comfy and be the perfect stylish 2 person touring car. I don’t think a sports car like that makes sense with the two series/M2 and Supra already existing. I think it’s not likely it ever sees production either way though.