WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

M20 Turbo => M50 turbo fun.

Rowleym

Had a real night day today. Taking the flywheel to the machine shop tomorrow hopefully, and getting the back shaved

Down and hopefully lightened a bit.

Ripped the dash out.

8A70C9A2-1947-40AE-9A22-98499205441F-106

Anyone have a hint for getting the fuse box through/getting the wiring out some how?

523F6571-711B-4B67-8B40-28F3DDAAD483-106

When we tore the carpet out we found some rust. I will be cutting basically that whole piece out and welding in a new sheet.

Anyone have opinions on a dash? What about fitting a couple bent street signs and mounting them and putting the stock gauges and stuff back in?

That is all till Saturday probably.

Had a real night day today. 

mind-blown.jpg?w=412

Removing the ring off the backside of the flywheel should get the flywheel weight  from 18.5 lbs to roughly 14 lbs. Its a nice way to help your acceleration a bit since the rule of thumb is that removing dynamic mass has about the same impact on performance as removing 2-3 times the static mass. So it would be like removing 10-15 lbs from the car. 

But nevermind the flywheel lightening, because from the looks of it, your car is trying to lighten..... itself.

YEAH.JPG

Had a real night day today.

Removing the ring off the backside of the flywheel should get the flywheel weight from 18.5 lbs to roughly 14 lbs. Its a nice way to help your acceleration a bit since the rule of thumb is that removing dynamic mass has about the same impact on performance as removing 2-3 times the static mass. So it would be like removing 10-15 lbs from the car.

But nevermind the flywheel lightening, because from the looks of it, your car is trying to lighten..... itself.

LOL. "Had a real NICE day today." Is what it was supposed to be. I just hope it doesn't cost too much. I always wanted a lightened flywheel anyways. And maybe he can get me some dowel pins.... We whipped out the heat gun last night and got high off all the tar. Wait.. I mean we removed the tar. It sucked. But the car is getting lighter and lighter every day. Real fun.

How long did it take to get the trunk tar out? I got lucky. I peeled all mine up by hand in large chunks in about 5 minutes.

Took like 10 minutes with a big chisel haha. The tar under the rear seats and in front of the drivers and passenger seats is what took the longest. Just have to get it good and hot.

Honestly mitch, if you came in while I was working at a store, and you asked for 5lbs of dry ice, I'd probably tell you no we don't sell it either. You need a hair cut.

Lol. I don't think you can cut my hair shorter than it is without buzzing it, and personally, I think I look pretty well presentable :)