WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

M20 Turbo => M50 turbo fun.

Rowleym

I'm looking for 350-400wheel, and this motor normally support 350 without arp's even. I think I should be able to manage. If I blow it, oh well. It's like a boost fuse haha. Too much boost and bad tuning, I blow a hg versus a piston haha.

ha! I like that.

Better than blowing the welds on your intake manifold for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking for 350-400wheel, and this motor normally support 350 without arp's even. I think I should be able to manage. If I blow it, oh well. It's like a boost fuse haha. Too much boost and bad tuning, I blow a hg versus a piston haha.

It's common practice in the turbo volvo world to run a factory head gasket and treat it like a fuse. Those who go the MLS Cometic approach (without a lot of time spent tuning on the dyno by a professional) often live to regret that decision.

Alright for sure. Would you just run rubber lines? Like those high pressure efi ones? Or would you do braided? Also, do you think i need a new fuel rail? This fuel thing is really getting me.

Go braided. Looks better. And the fuel rail, factory fuel rail *should* be fine. Just upgrade injectors/possibly get a higher bar FPR.

You seem to be the expert on this subject so I have a question for you. Can the kool-aid man bust through a wall made of Cometic gaskets?

OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH

http://www.dxpnet.com/i.asp?f=http://www.icanhasinternets.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Kool-AidMan.jpeg

:D

To clarify: There is nothing wrong with cometic gaskets at all. They are great, but for a lot of people, they just aren't necessarily the best choice.

Yea but its kind of cheating when using a Mls to lower compression. A lot of the time people run them and think they can turn the boost up real high, and then they end up blowing it up because they don't have a proper tune. Proper tune and you are good to go! It's a great way to use pump gas. I'm quite stoked about this e85 thing. Absolutely no need for me to lower compression :D

Go braided. Looks better. And the fuel rail, factory fuel rail *should* be fine. Just upgrade injectors/possibly get a higher bar FPR.

It doesn't matter to me if it looks good, I was just wondering if the rubber stuff performs as well. The 80# injectors will already be more than enough, I just need the rest of the fuel system to handle it!

they end up blowing it up because they don't have a proper tune. Proper tune and you are good to go!

This.

which is why I say that it's often a better choice for people to run a factory gasket if they are doing their own tuning and don't have either a lot of experience or a dyno.

Edited by The Full Banana