WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

This Forum.

Brian.

Zach and I are working on things to get this forum hoppin'. We've added 35+ active members since our takeover and we just had a huge meet, so far so good I think. Its also that time of the year where things are gonna slow down with the holidays and people finishing up semesters at school. Get some winter project threads going!

I read more than post. I'm retarded, like short a chromosome retarded, so it is usually better that way. Wait, not I'm not retarded, just a douche bag, and that usually doesn't translate very well on internet forums......so, I just read a lot.

I am also a bag of douche and have to restrain myself from lashing out at those who miss the point of a BMW and go overboard on the stance treatment. If there were more technical discussions I would be very much actively engaged. I feel like winter project threads that dont involve aesthetic work. Example: If I posted my winter projects such as a ring and pinion swap,lash adjustment, rear bushing replacement, a review of MS2 vs Motronic 1.3, and some nifty weight reduction and chassis balance modifications, I dont think the small crowd here would care.

however, if I posted a winter build involving an E90 with a saxophone mounted to the hood, 29" BBS LM reps, excessive rear camber, and a coexist sticker angled on the rear window, I think I would become a moderator overnight and everyone would bow.

:cool:

I am also a bag of douche and have to restrain myself from lashing out at those who miss the point of a BMW and go overboard on the stance treatment. If there were more technical discussions I would be very much actively engaged. I feel like winter project threads that dont involve aesthetic work. Example: If I posted my winter projects such as a ring and pinion swap,lash adjustment, rear bushing replacement, a review of MS2 vs Motronic 1.3, and some nifty weight reduction and chassis balance modifications, I dont think the small crowd here would care.

however, if I posted a winter build involving an E90 with a saxophone mounted to the hood, 29" BBS LM reps, excessive rear camber, and a coexist sticker angled on the rear window, I think I would become a moderator overnight and everyone would bow.

I'd be interested in reading your technical articles! I like whatever I can get my hands on. Tech articles are great, they spark interest and drive traffic to the site. I'm not really into the stance thing either, so you won't earn mod rights that way ;). But seriously guys post whatever bmw related things you want! Someone will find it interesting. Our focus right now really is towards just knowing people locally and doing meets, which has been great. I've met and made a lot of great friends on here from the last 6 months. My hope is this website can become a great resource for all sorts of BMW related things.

I'd be interested in reading your technical articles! I like whatever I can get my hands on. Tech articles are great, they spark interest and drive traffic to the site. I'm not really into the stance thing either, so you won't earn mod rights that way ;). But seriously guys post whatever bmw related things you want! Someone will find it interesting. Our focus right now really is towards just knowing people locally and doing meets, which has been great. I've met and made a lot of great friends on here from the last 6 months. My hope is this website can become a great resource for all sorts of BMW related things.

I definitely appreciate WB for this reason. It is nice to have a local forum to buy/sell parts and know people who have parts cars when you need something in a pinch etc. Its too bad that WI has a really weak import car scene compared to where im from but at least this site is here to make us a bit more connected.

I'd definitely be interested in the weight reduction/chassis stuff, that stuff always gets my attention :)

Although, I'm diggin the hood mounted saxophone idea too... very original!

I don't even own a BMW anymore.... so my contribution is little to none. :(

same here.. :(

Me neither, but I dont let minor inconveniences hold me back!

REKIII, you own a 5 series, the douche bag is expected! I don't work tj. I'm newly retired.

Hahaha, yes expected I suppose.

Snap Understeer Jr. made some good points about highly technical posts, but I think rather than people not caring, it's that people don't respond becasue they are not equipped too. We all seem fairly intellegent here, and being smart enough to know when something is over ones head means, you don't post, unless it's a question.

You guys are way beyond me when it comes to the old school stuff (pre-2000, in my world) especially with all the engine codes, and such. So I just read and learn.