WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Build thread/running log of my E28? Guess I can do eet.

Brian.

• 1 month later...

I needed a new fender anyways, but I have to drive with this clapped out one till spring till I can throw on my new ones, and respray the entire car the new color.. Here is what the damage looked like, This is after fixing it on the side of the road, cause it rubbed my tires something fierce.

Dent 1:

Posted Image

Yes, that's my shoe print, one is from me being pissed and kicking it, and the other is to help pry my fender off my front tire.

Dent 2:

Posted Image

Here is it in winter mode. Finally got TJ's old E46 steelies to fit. ET 47 offset= That was a tight fit.

Took some grinding and hammering to get it to fit, and 5mm spacers in the front and rear.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Guess what mother fuckers! UPDATES.

Most of you that actually read my build thread know what's been going on. So I'll just upload pictures for those of you who do not. An if you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

First off, My Fittipaldi Reps got painted. Sexual semi flat white!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nothing's really happened since the rims being sprayed white.

Here is a random photo of Ryan and I getting his subaru half stuck in a foot an a half deep thick snow! We got out though.

Posted Image

(I bet you're guessing why Ryan's making such a funny face? It's cause all the branches above us, like the one on the ground next to the Subaru. Were snapping and falling. And they were huge branches!

Anyways. Latest update.

I scored a Replica Hartge H26 front air dam/valence. Bought it from a guy that had it on his E28. (Although it's for E30's) it actually mounds up pretty well. Still deciding if I wanna rock it, or sell it...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gunna be scraping everywhere!

post-794-136211549839_thumb.jpg

I also forgot to add I did my taillight mod yesterday while test fitting the H26 front bumper. Many of you don't know how tiny those little E28 tail light running lights actually are. I'm always afraid people are going to rearend me. It doesn't help being as low as I am. So I decided to go ahead and make my running lights just a hair bigger, and brighter.. I'll post a picture of it once it gets dark tonight!

I also forgot to add I did my taillight mod yesterday while test fitting the H26 front bumper. Many of you don't know how tiny those little E28 tail light running lights actually are. I'm always afraid people are going to rearend me. It doesn't help being as low as I am. So I decided to go ahead and make my running lights just a hair bigger, and brighter.. I'll post a picture of it once it gets dark tonight!

In for pics! this sounds interesting and I'd like to see it. Cool valance too, if I had an early E30 I would be all over it

^Yeah, I'm sure you could make it fit your late model! ;) Just kidding. It's already setup for the E28, so I'm gunna try to rock it for a few days, see how I feel about it.

The tail light mod is one mod alot of E28 owners wanna do, but never end up doing it? I don't know why they don't. My mod took roughly... 5 minutes... And it's significantly more noticeable.

Run a front bumper and it would look great!

Tuck a bumper and throw it on above that valence. How do you think it looks?

Gunna attempt to kill 2 birds with one reply.

I don't have a front bumper. Nor do I think I'll ever run one. Not a US one atleast. I sold my pushed in US bumper to Zak the night it started snowing really bad. So until then. I will rock bumperless!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I decided to go back to my home town area, hang out with 2 of my best friends from my childhood. Ironically, we all own BMW's. Too bad we don't have E39's or this photo would fit perfectly.

(Takedown and Keepersofchaos)

Posted Image

This is basically my friends and I. Only we roll in E28's, E32's and E36's.

Anyways, enough about how I miss having friends. Onto photoshoot stuff. One of our friends we went to highschool with is becoming a relatively decent photogtrapher. She does some decent work, Made us drive on dirt (terrible idea, I cleaned my car, and got my car dirty fast. yay rallying)

Disregard my passengers side bumper sagging, in the process of driving to the shoots location, I managed to bottom out the bumper in a parking lot and lost a mounting bolt.

Anyways, here's a few photos!

Posted Image

Leon's Ice Cream, ftw!

Posted Image

RX-8's got an agency power exhaust, shoots massive flames. And is for sale, or trade for an FD RX-7.

Posted Image

Typical gas station shot.

Posted Image

My rust spot, showing like a champ. And a shout out to Jeremy Cliff and Brad Sillars!

Posted Image

Only shot that really shows how low I am.. I burn grass pulling onto a freshly mowed lawn.

And the last 2 are when the E36 broke it's shift linkage. So I got to utilize my 535I's massive torque specs to tow his ass all the way home!

Posted Image

Posted Image

He wasn't upset about it, because he's got an E30 325IS at home to drive to work till he gets a new shift linkage.

And here's the honda being parked on campus, my friend uses the excuse, "it's to cold to walk to the pub from the parking lot, so I drove" Haha

Posted Image