WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Build thread/running log of my E28? Guess I can do eet.

Brian.

This car started out as my friends car, over a year ago. he got it, because his previous E28 (1987 533i) Had to much rust, so he sold it, bought this one. Didn't do shit to it. Winter came, he stored it in a heated garage all winter, then spring came, an we traded vehicles.

post-794-136211548007_thumb.jpg

That's what it looked like originally.

I picked it up with rougly 189,xxx miles on it.

Since then, it's been upgraded with, an exhaust, 25KHID Purple fog lights(not my idea, but they look legit), M sport steering wheel, and some replacement speakers. oh and a bit more low.

Here's photo's from a few days before it got lowered. (Damn my timing!)

post-794-136211548044_thumb.jpg

I talked to my good friend Cory C-Hutch Hutchinson, about his E28 (Hank the Tank)

Posted Image

Posted Image

He gave me the secret, and I followed.

here's mine:

Posted Image

Mid process.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Disregard that cancer spot on the door. The rear is up a bit more. So I can alot more room for new rims.

post-794-136211548005_thumb.jpg

post-794-136211548011_thumb.jpg

post-794-136211548019_thumb.jpg

post-794-13621154803_thumb.jpg

post-794-136211548037_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found out what rims I have.

OZ Racing Fittipaldi 3 piece's.

If they're OZ Fittipaldi's, you'd have known right away. OZ Racing would be cast on the back of one of the spokes, Fittipaldi would be cast in one of the faces of a spoke, and all the multi-piece OZ's have a bolt hole for the bolt that holds the center cap on. Don't know how many bolts hold your lips on but the Fittipaldi's use 30 bolts to hold the wheel together.

Car's looking a whole lot better with the drop and wheels!

If they're OZ Fittipaldi's, you'd have known right away. OZ Racing would be cast on the back of one of the spokes, Fittipaldi would be cast in one of the faces of a spoke, and all the multi-piece OZ's have a bolt hole for the bolt that holds the center cap on. Don't know how many bolts hold your lips on but the Fittipaldi's use 30 bolts to hold the wheel together.

Car's looking a whole lot better with the drop and wheels!

Not all of them have it cast. I have no center caps. And I'm counting hardware tomorrow! The rear of the spokes are hella dirty. If these stent Fittipaldi's. They're damn good replica's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Btw. To the first person that says, "Go lower" I drag exhaust going over pebbles. And my tires are too tall at the moment. In total. I've got.. 3 inchs from the rails to the ground, and about 1.5" from oilpan to ground. So plans for more low go as follows:

Skid plate built

smaller tires probably 195/45/15

get my exhaust tucked up in (Can't wait. It's gunna be loud. SS exhaust ftw.

And.. More lows!