WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Build thread/running log of my E28? Guess I can do eet.

Brian.

I enjoyed the pics! That Trike/E39 picture is amazingly cool too

That's basically me and my friend with the E36, and my friend with the E32 that's not pictured currently. We all were really good friends in grade school, the one moved away, and KeepersofChaos and I have been pretty damn good friends since, and Takedown has come back into our lives as well.

depends on what the trade/sale is for. Whats on your mind?

I'd prefer a trade, and I'm kinda open. I'd really like to trade for a BMW 2002, or the original Mini Cooper, obviously I couldn't get a mint one though, seeing as my car I don't think is worth a relatively mint one.

If its another BMW(preferably a manual) then go for it!

Honestly, the whole, manual VS automatic thing doesn't bother me. I'd like a manual. But automagic doesn't bother me.

IDK what I'd take for trades..

Link me to the E21!

The M30 doesn't have as much power as you'd think. It's all top end, and even then, it's not as much as I'd like. Granted, I can keep up with an 08 Charger. But it just doesn't have the power I want. I think it just needs an over haul. Motor is mint, runs fine, doesn't burn oil, burns a tiny bit of coolant, but is perfect otherwise. I'd like to pull it apart, bore it out to 4L like the Metric Mechanics 4L M30. But that's big kid money

Nah, I don't have a chip, I wanna get a header back exhaust for now, basically some sick tubular headers, and 2.5" straight back, but thats if I keep this thing.

That E21 isn't bad. But a bit more of a project then I want. I'd only jump on something in that condition if it was a 2002, or an Original Mini, those are about the only ones I'd really go to any length to try to restore. But I'd love other people's options ;)

^at that price, I'd just not buy it an save myself the money. My motor has nothing done to it, not even a cold air intake. Which I gotta do at some point, and I have a "custom" exhaust, which needs to be replaced from me scraping everywhere.

I wanna get at dinan chip at some point.

Yeah, I really don't know what the fuck I'm gunna do. I can do hard piping for a cold air, but For right now, I'd like to just do my exhaust. Too bad Extrudabody is $$$$$ for their M30 ITB setup. And the worst part? Not even true ITB's. It's just a triple throttle setup, not 6 individual TB's..