WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Build thread/running log of my E28? Guess I can do eet.

Brian.

i see alot has gone on since i was here last love the ?open/lsd? how where you still driving if it was that bad?

Yeah man, alot's happened.

The reason the LSD was deemed an "open diff" was because it's a clutch style LSD, the friction plates, aka "clutch" were so worn, that with the car in the air, spin one rear wheel, the other would spin the other way. yet when I would get stuck on ice, both tires would spin, I just deemed it a fucked up open diff. Till we dropped it.

And also guys, disconnecting rear brakes is pointless, as the brake bias is usually 65% front, 35% rear. Even then, why would I disconnect them? I could just close the lines at the brake T's

• 2 weeks later...

I pay extra for 3 day shipping, instead of 5-8 day shipping, still takes 5 days to get here. I wrote pelican a nice little email, about how I pissed I was that I ordred stuff, paid twice the normal ground shipping rate, to get it here in 3 days, just to have it show up in 5. What the fuck.