WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My e36

Jeff

This is my e36 I've had it for a total of 4 years now it had 176xxx miles when I got it it now has 186xxx miles. I have just about completely overhauled it. A lot of blood sweat and tears went into making this car mine and still work to be done. When I got the car it was a pile of crap but I needed a car bad at the time found this one for $1000 it ran and drove that's all I needed it to do,so I bought it and started looking at things on it. It needed rear shock mounts,clutch,thermostat,driveshaft they drove it with a Guibo that had barely anything left to it, carrier bearing, tie rods,battery, iacv, the list goes on and on you name it it was probly bad. I had a parts 318is that after I got it I swapped out a lot of parts that I could use to make it more reliable. Since I've had the car I have done:new shock, tierods, bushings in front, h&r springs, painted it, complete rebuild of the motor, took the trans apart and cleaned/inspected it, turbocharged it, there is so much. The picture below is the car what it looks like right now aside from being lowered I have a ton of pictures of it, I just have to load them to photo bucket so I can post them it may take a while to do so keep checking back I'll put captions on the pictures when posted.

Let me know what you think!

post-819-136211547852_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

I am considering doing the same to my carpet. I'd like to know how it holds up and if it rubs off at all.

it shouldn't rub off your changing the color the the fabric with the dye but put floor mats where feet would be just in case. as of right now it still looks the same as when we did it just took for ever couldnt find a bin to soak it in so we did it with brushes and spray bottles in the driveway.

• 3 months later...

Yes the whole car was yellow the rims where over sprayed yellow. It was horrible. I did strip the car down to bare metal took a gallon of stripper, a razor blade, a wire wheel, and too many hours to get it all off.nim trying to find the picture of the car silver