WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E39 M5

TehRaydarlover

Well I took it for a drive yesterday and right away it was misfiring really bad under load. I drove straight to kwik trip to get some fresh gas, talking with the PO the gas was probably well over a year old. Fresh gas helped a lot but it went into limp mode and still misses under load. I'm pretty sure I fouled the plugs, but any other ideas? I ran the codes and it had the same ones as before I started working on it. Secondary air pump, coolant temp, and bank one over retarded. Coolant temp I'm sure was just the sensor, and over retarded was the lack of timing chain guide. I'm thinking plugs because just cruzing it's fine only under load is it missing, but maybe it's the injectors?

• 1 month later...

Cam position sensor fixed the misfire but now it's throwing all sorts of new codes lol. I'm thinking it's vanos related on bank 1, probably the solenoids. Anyway I got to drive it around briefly last weekend. Blew a tire then put on some new pilot super sports. This car is a beast haha. 

P.S. There was no handicap sign and the paint was really faded, honest mistake lol.

20170408_170806.jpg

Snapchat-1958145551.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yep new summer daily. I was told doing a burnout is part of the recommended tire break-in procedure? 

...also, I just bought an e46 M3 that needs a new engine, options? I'm thinking I'm just going to put a new engine in it and try to flip it but it would make for a fun |<. <|  |>.>| racecar. I don't have any pictures but it's stock and black, you get the idea:

rcrjwx.jpg