WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Trip To Welt BMW That Almost Didn't Happen

DrLeadFoot

For our honeymoon we wanted to explore Italy but I figured we could swing by the BMW museum and do a quick stop in Munich to have a beer and see the sights. 

Our travel agent set us up to see the museum on Monday, the day we landed in Germany.  Long story short the museum is closed on Mondays.  Not just the Monday that we were there but EVERY MONDAY!  Depression and stress ensued until we figured out that we had a 2 hour window before we departed on Wednesday to view the museum!

A link to the whole BMW Album https://flic.kr/s/aHsknhzGhR

Some of my favs:

23334328370_b440f07ee5_b.jpg

23521640612_3a6a40817d_b.jpg

23334464330_53b9e512fd_b.jpg

23262142119_584592d2df_b.jpg

23547850481_fa0282570e_b.jpg

23547664291_f31061276e_b.jpg

I would feel bad dragging my jaw on the floor around that whole place....That being said, I would really like to travel to Germany for a week or so in one of the next few years

Munich was pretty rough by the main train station.  Taking a drive into the country side was amazing.  Cows and castles with the Alps in the background.

Fire your travel agent.  That seems pretty amateurish. The pictures look great!  The Mini portion looks like it was a blast and the art cars and advertising stuff looks neat!  This may be a silly question but was 2 hours enough time to see it all?

This was only the tip of the ice burg with her.  Terrible especially when your are competing against the internet.  We had to rush through a bit but still worth it.  We were the first ones through so we kind of had the place to ourselves most of the time.

"Hi my name is John, let me show you around a bit and help you find your next BMW"c416ed7c426d25c6ff71e3fbdd876d08.jpg I think you could branch out and sell cars too, looks like a cool place to visit !

I should start doing package purchases.  "Buy this turbo manifold and I'll included this house!"