WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Would you build it.

Rowleym

Question

Okay so I'm finally getting to that point in my life where I will possibly have significantly more free time. Which is great! And that means I can start to help out others more frequently.

Which brings me to this question.

Is there anything you guys can think of that would be beneficial to the community, that I could produce at a great cost? I'm thinking runs of 10-20 or so, maybe more.

Currently working on billet runner modular intake manifolds for 24v's, and I will also be producing twin scroll 24v swap manifolds in low quantities.

I have unlimited free machine time, and lots of neat tools. I'm handy in cad/cam and have only 3 axis machines(yes very sad).

fd95b242d77336fecc7205f7b0715367.jpga3971282e53f1408e07ef73917f0603b.jpg27f2e54f3786a7580b0918157e5dab50.jpgbe0e7d48583904bcafa09da16a3e18b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 answers to this question

i think someone should make an adjustable throw BMW shifter. It would be very universal for any manual BMW, plus you could adjust to your liking instead of ending up with a shifter which is 'too notchy'.  i imagine the ball portion of the shifter to be on a threaded rod, so you could spin it up and down, and would have a set screw to hold it in place.

i think someone should make an adjustable throw BMW shifter. It would be very universal for any manual BMW, plus you could adjust to your liking instead of ending up with a shifter which is 'too notchy'.  i imagine the ball portion of the shifter to be on a threaded rod, so you could spin it up and down, and would have a set screw to hold it in place.

The UUC one is adjustable height, it has a locknut and works somewhat like a giant compression fitting, I have mine up as high as it goes which is still a little shorter than a stock 325i shift lever.

Now that would be interesting :) couldn't imagine the benefits though haha. First thing on the list when I drive my 24v swap is floor mount shifter. Never miss a shift maybe? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fairly expensive but is this what you are talking about?  I think it would be great, the carrier is eliminated and therefore the only play is in the selector rod joints, which could be eliminated with a DSSR, and internal to the transmission.

The uuc shifter isn't adjustable for throw, only height of the shift knob. Yes it can reduce the throw effort a little by making it longer, but that doesn't make it work for more than one chassis. You could do the same thing by buying a taller shift knob. What I'm talking about is being able to adjust the distance between the pivot and the lower connection to the shift rod.

The uuc shifter isn't adjustable for throw, only height of the shift knob. Yes it can reduce the throw effort a little by making it longer, but that doesn't make it work for more than one chassis. You could do the same thing by buying a taller shift knob. What I'm talking about is being able to adjust the distance between the pivot and the lower connection to the shift rod.

Sorry, yes, adjustable height.  Still was a squishy mess.