WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My new 528IAT

mkoepp

Well I bit the bullet and got a new car to me. I have been working on this for the last few months and was able to pull it off. He did not want to sell right away and I needed funds. I bought it off a board member (TCD) and am very happy to say the least. 

After all was said and done it was too dark to take decent pics. Here are a few that I took when I first thought about getting it.

post-3341-0-83236200-1423527815_thumb.jp

post-3341-0-08582400-1423527855_thumb.jp

I have had an E36, 1995 325i and this is totally more cool. I was looking at mini vans but this fit the bill perfect. It has 4 like new snow tires on it and 4 like new summer tires that come with it. 

More pictures to come. 

Looks nice, the rust staining should clean up a good amount with some polishing.  I know because my Land Cruiser is white and very rusty, once a year it gets a polish and looks way better for a few months.

There are a few areas that are bad but not even close to being through. I think with a little TLC it will look not to bad. Interior is very nice and that is what I sit in :)

Is this the one that was for sale in Menasha? I've seen one around, looked enthusiast-owned, but never had a chance to talk to the owner. Looks a lot nicer than a mini-van!

I am not sure. I will ask him when I see him next. Engine bay is sweet clean and I have a pile of paperwork to go through yet (1 inch thick). When Todd bought it, he replaced the rear sub frame bushings and brakes all the way around (calipers,rotors and pads and other things). Very solid car and I am happy :)

Are those your boats?  Also, looking good.  Any plans for some wheels? 

:D

No plans other than to clean up some of the rust an keep it running. I have to focus more on getting my 535 running. I have not worked on it much lately and am regretting it.

It's going to be a whole new learning curve for me in respect to working on this beast. I am going to get a Bentley on it's way in a week or so. This manual is 2 volumes. Lots of good reading there  :)

What is the cheapest scan tool that works with the ABS for this car. I would like to be able to program driver options as well.

There are not too many options to program if I remember correctly.

PO of my car had the alarm chirp disabled, DRLs turned off and I think that's it. He works at a local BMW Dealership so it was nothing for him to get done.

Inpa (another one I can't remember) are supposed to be highly configurable and free to download I believe.

I haven't got around to doing it myself honestly.

• 3 weeks later...