WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Member Spotlight - Feb 2015

B C

Each month I will be harassing/interrogating some innocent soul within our community.
This month I had the opportunity to get to take some time from Jason (Jdesign) that he will never ever get back.

Last months spotlight: http://www.wibimmers.com/board/index.php?/topic/3428-member-spotlight-jan-2015/
--
Snap: You are my random candidate for my February member spotlight/interrogation, you down for that?
Jdesign: No idea what that is, but sure.

S: Is now a good time to ask you some questions?
J: Sure. But you already started asking questions... I mean, that's the second one!

S: (caught off guard) That was quite the curveball!

S: What is your BMW history?
J: My first BMW is my 93 325ic E30 believe it or not. I have had it for 3 years this spring. I also just bought my second, a 2002 325xi.

S: Is the E46 a daily driver or just a winter beater?
J: Winter beater for the lady.

S: You went and looked at the $4000 E46 M3, was that supposed to be a winter beater for the lady???
J: Good question! No, I was planning on buying that and swapping it where you have your E30 parked. Then set up cameras to watch your reaction.

S: At the rate my project is going that gesture would have been much appreciated!

S: Your username is Jdesign, you do design work for a living, so can I assume that you have a passion for beautiful automobile designs?
J:Yeah, I work at a design consultancy on the Eastside of Madison called bb7, I am an industrial designer, or product designer. Basically I draw concepts for all kinds of things including consumer, medical, and industrial products. As far as beautiful automotive design, you could say I dabble. I enjoy drawing cars on my free time and would love to work for Mattel drawing Hot Wheels cars one day.

S: Out of all the BMW designs throughout history, which one is your favorite?
J: M1

S: Have you seen the precursor to the M1, the BMW Turbo?
J: Yes I have.

S: THAT looks like a Hot Wheels car.
J: It does, but I hate the rear wheel covers and faded paint job. It ruins it for me.

S: I always thought the faded paint job was actually just old photo quality..... or poor 1970s air quality.

S: What do you think of Chris Bangle's designs? Most people find them to be controversial, but someone with a deeper appreciation for design might see it differently.
J: Ha, well we all tend to be our own designers and have our own eye for things. In my opinion, his work is mediocre. But he did work on a car named "Gina" that has a vagina for a hood.

S: O__O I had never made that connection before
J: That in itself makes him okay in my book.

S: See, I always figured him to be an ass-man, since the industry has coined the phrase "Bangle-Butt", you have opened my eyes though and I see that he does not discriminate.
J: Yeah, I guess he likes more than dat ass...

S: Dat Hoffmeister kink doe...
J: Hofmeister*, but shhhh, I wont tell anyone you spelled that wrong.

S: Oh , I almost forgot. You got rid of your M20, what the hell man!?!?
J: No I didn't. I sold my M50 to my good friend Danny. He is on WIBIMMERS too. He on the other hand is selling his M20. I have been on the lookout for a nice 1JZ or 2JZ swap to replace the M50's spot on the engine stand in my shop.

S: So I can buy your M20 AND Danny's M20 then.
J: Yes. You can. More paper weights for you good sir.

S: I can't argue that.

S: Will you be showing up to any meets this year?
J: Yeah, I might make a guest star appearance. Just look for a bunch of good looking dudes in a green convertible, I will be the ugly guy driving it.

S: No John Stamos, no care. And what's with you showing up in a vert full of good looking dudes? You said you just got an E46 "for the lady"......

S: But hey, thanks for taking some time to let me bother you tonight. Do you have any final words?
J: Sure. Do you mind if I ask you some questions for the member interrogation/spotlight? Just kidding.
I guess I would just like to say that if anyone is in the Madison area looking for something to do, I don't mind if any members want to stop by my shop in Cottage Grove, tip a few back, and talk cars for a while.

unnamed%207_zpsxl7m7wdt.jpg

unnamed%208_zpsitfqovoj.jpg

unnamed%206_zpsb22d2pik.jpg

unnamed%209_zpsc2hdwrmb.jpg