WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Another FNG

Chris Welter

Hey everyone,

Just dropping an intro about myself for the group.  I purchased my first BMW back in may of 14.  It is a 2009 BMW 335xi.  Current mods are alpina flash, some various custom coding, JB4, DCI, and a little bit of a custom exhaust.  It is sitting on the sport wheels with a M-tech lip and spoiler and Tein S-tech springs.  Overall this car is probably the most fun to drive of any car i've owned (why I bought it).  As far as planned mods, the car probably will not get much more.  I am avidly trying to get into the "big leagues" of car audio competition so most of my free time and money goes there. I have a guy I work with that has been pushing me to get on here, so I figured it was about time to do so.  Hope to meet you all eventually!
10306266_10152489885720439_7524397152680

• 2 weeks later...

by far my favorite 335 body style. Pat and I disagreed on this because I love the coupe and he doesn't. So I tried knocking sense into him with a 9 iron. Now he's too much of a vegetable to ever come around and see how awesome the 335 e92 coupe is.

HA!  I made my case against the coupe body style and if I remember correctly it made sense to you!  We might disagree on it but my reasoning is sound.

The e90 looks better, the e92 rear is just..blah..

The E92 rear still stands out in 2015, especially with the tailights. The entire profile of the car is sleek and it has a great stance. 

The E90 is totally non-descript in this day and age. I mistake newer Hyundais and Accords for an E90 back end all the time, largely due to tail lights more than anything else. 

But I also drive a car that is very polarizing itself, so I shouldn't be surprised. The 1er looks very unique and I like it that way, but lots of people think 135s are hideous, usually because they don't fit the bill of most modern yuppies who think a 3-series sedan is somehow classy. Ironically this qualifies most people that live in my neighborhood and demand uniformity in their houses and the cars parked outside them. And now everyone knows why I never invite any of my neighbors into my house, and live on the corner edge of my subdivision at an odd angle that allows me to look at a park and river rather than people I wouldn't brake for if they fell down in the road. 

aaaaaaand i've lost the plot....

I will start by saying that I do not hate the coupes.  I prefer the sedans and I think the 1er's look gorgeous so I am not anti-coupe(Jordans in particular is a favorite of mine).  On the e92's there is a particular line that really bothers me because it doesn't make sense.  Where the door and the side skirt meet on the upswing it throws the lines off on the car for me.  I'm also not a fan of the rear ends on the coupe.  To me they look really blah.  The tails look droopy.  And as far as the frequency of seeing sedans over the coupes... eh, I could care less.  I bought the car because I like fast sedans and I enjoy the utility of a 4 door and the understated performance.  The car is unassuming and is overlooked by many which makes it that much more impressive to people when they go for a ride.  When either coupe or sedan is done well I do appreciate them.  One of my favorite e9x's is a coupe.  If your on instagram i'd give him a follow because this car is gorgeous!  squirrelly_thr33

10817562_1490584034538979_1027409006_a.j