WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My 91 325i

B C

Check out my bunghole

Posted Image

Since the fuel rail inlet is nearest cylinder 1, cylinder 6 will have the greatest pressure drop and in theory will risk running the leanest. It is also just downstream of the stock H pipe where the factory O2 sensor reads from. The geometry change will help promote a little turbulence for more complete measurement and may get a whiff of the front bank of 3 cylinders in between pressure pulses. In a perfect world (when I build a fancy exhaust system) the wideband would be reading all 6 cylinders from an X or H pipe but I think the positioning is pretty optimal for the factory downpipe.

I painted the exhaust and let it molest a corrugated drain pipe for a bit and packed it up to get welded.

Posted Image

Still looking forward to having the project complete this Saturday.

Well kiddos! IT DRIVES!

The car is AWESOME! I feel like a man now that my man-pedal swap is complete. Another automatic E30 off the road.

Everything looks and feels and drives perfect! Just need to go back out, clean up the shop and check for leaks.

Edited by Snap Understeer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I replaced the brake booster check valve with one from an E21, did a valve adjustment (yes its been nearly 15k since the last one O__O), re-gapped the spark plugs and my car is no longer a torqueless wonder.

Edited by Snap Understeer