WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

I done did it now... A new toy!

patsbimmer1

stop wasting time trying to be like every other 335i bro stuck in purgatory of " OMG GUYZ 400+....but it stops at 5k rpm :( " purgatory and upgrade your fucking turbos already.

Haha! You are a cranky son of a gun lately! I'm working towards upgrading the twins and can hopefully do so next year but in the meantime I am pretty content with my "335i bro status" as you so eloquently put it.

My wife wants to get rid of her 2010 altima and get an SUV of some kind(Volvo or BMW) and that'll take precedence over my turbos along with other life plans.

I installed MHD Flasher and just got my first log done.  I'm really happy with the way the log looks and feel pretty comfortable with it. The difference between the MHD and Procede isn't quite night and day but the MHD feels a bit smoother and my logs look better.  For some reason my AFR's never sunk below 13-12.5 with Procede but with MHD I am under 12 in higher RPM's.  Not sure how to explain that because Snap and I just logged on his Father in Laws 335i with my old Procede and we were hitting much safer AFR's.  Either way, I feel a lot better with this set up and look forward to adding more power.

http://datazap.me/u/patsbimmer1/log-1446424934?log=0&data=4-16-17-20

Have you thought of getting a pro tune from PTF, Wedge, etc.? I think you and the car would be happier since you've got some pretty serious timing corrections in that log

Haha! You are a cranky son of a gun lately! I'm working towards upgrading the twins and can hopefully do so next year but in the meantime I am pretty content with my "335i bro status" as you so eloquently put it.

My wife wants to get rid of her 2010 altima and get an SUV of some kind(Volvo or BMW 1996 Blazer) and that'll take precedence over free up plenty of money for my turbos along with other life plans. an LSD.

Fixed

This is a bit better. 91oct map with 93 oct fuel. Smooth timing.

http://datazap.me/u/patsbimmer1/stage-2-45-degrees-f-91oct-map?log=0&data=4-8-9-10-11-12-20

I replied to you on e90post

Off topic but what are your thoughts on the h&r race springs? I can't stand the front wheel gap with my eibachs, which is worse on an xi. I'm thinking of picking up some race springs but I fear I'll be hitting the bump stops non-stop. 

I replied to you on e90post

Off topic but what are your thoughts on the h&r race springs? I can't stand the front wheel gap with my eibachs, which is worse on an xi. I'm thinking of picking up some race springs but I fear I'll be hitting the bump stops non-stop.

I love the way they look and handle but you will sacrifice ride quality. I am looking at going with Koni FSD shocks and struts to combat this. I use the wife test for comfort and she hates them lol.

I love the way they look and handle but you will sacrifice ride quality. I am looking at going with Koni FSD shocks and struts to combat this. I use the wife test for comfort and she hates them lol.

Yeah, aftermarket shocks are a must if you want anywhere decent ride quality. I have bilstein b8s and would definitely recommend them. Aren't the FSDs made for stock ride height?

• 4 months later...

I don't have a ton of updates recently.  I pulled my H&R Race springs and sold them to a guy in North Carolina so I am back on the stock springs.  I recently performed the PE mod on my exhaust which I am happy with.  It's slightly louder than stock with the secondary cats and the resonator still installed.  It has absolutely zero drone at highway speeds.  I also installed a set of LUX e90 V6 LED angel eye bulbs that my wife bought me for my birthday.  Pictures and video to follow soon.

This year I am working to get Garage Life Motoring off the ground so a lot of my resources are going towards that as well as a bathroom remodel we're planning this spring.  Further mods for this year will be a new set of tires for sure and possibly a set of coilovers.  We'll see if the funds allow it.  There are a few cosmetic things on the car I need to touch up but nothing major.   I was able to schedule a track day at Blackhawk Farms for June 15th which I am really excited about!

More to come...

Here are a few pictures from the PE mod on my exhaust.  I left the secondary cats and the resonator on the exhaust and cut out the resonator and perforated pipes in the muffler.  Despite what many people think this isn't just a straight piped muffler.  You can see in the pictures that the work is only being done on half of each muffler.  This is because there are a series of chambers in the other half that is connected to the outer portion of the muffler and then connects the mufflers together.  These are in place to eliminate stray noise i.e. droning, etc.  I kept the sound deadening material in place to help eliminate droning as well.

I am happy with the exhaust.  It's slightly louder than stock with the downpipes and add's a little rumble without being obnoxious.  There is absolutely zero drone while driving the car and you only really notice it's louder when the windows are open.  This is no race car and I didn't want it to sound like one, just a little more aggressive.

And the finished product!  The rasp heard is at about 5k rpm and I found out I had a leaking gasket on one side of the dp to the exhaust.  I fixed that and the rasp is almost completely gone when in the higher rpm range.

1 hour ago, i_love_cars said:

where's your fucking intercooler already. christfuck.

Just got it today.  I'm thinking I may have a late nighg garage session tonight.  My wife got home at 8 and we just got done eating dinner.

33 minutes ago, KaiserRolls said:

Does it leak?

And yeah pat. What Jordan said. Sheesh

No leaking.  I hit it with high temp spray paint to for the rust prevention.

• 1 month later...

I got a great deal on a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports through work and had them installed today.  265/35r18 rear and 245/40r18 front.  I love them!  It looks like my car actually has decent rubber underneath it!  I haven't had a chance to really drive on them yet but from the little driving I did do they feel great!

11 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I got a great deal on a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports through work and had them installed today.  265/35r18 rear and 245/40r18 front.  I love them!  It looks like my car actually has decent rubber underneath it!  I haven't had a chance to really drive on them yet but from the little driving I did do they feel great!

How's the 245/40/18 fit in the front? I have a square set of ZII star specs in that size waiting to be installed after I finish refinishing some 189 wheels I got. Curious how to fitment looks being a bit taller than stock.

I was nervous that they may interfere with the strut and had a set of spacers ready just in case but they fit fine.  I'll get pictures later today.  The gain in height is minimal, about 1/3".  I like that the car looks a little meatier than it did with the 225/40.

That's good, I prefer a meatier look. Definitely would appreciate pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk