WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

King Dyno Day

WiscoE90

King Dyno Day was a success. Everybody was having a good time, I put down good numbers, and WISCOe90 was there so I got to chat with him, among some other cool people I haven't seen since Dyno Days last year ;)   Only one huge douche (ironically in an e36 BMW) doing burnouts when he showed up which caused a bunch of staff from King to run out yelling because, ya know, there's tons of people standing around and you're not cool sitting there doing burnouts. I hope it was nobody on this forum because I would be severely disappointed to know I indirectly associate with such a huge doucher. 

anyways, here's my chart! best pull was in 5th gear (1;1 ratio anyways) because 4th gear was spinning the tires.  379 whp / 434 wtq. I did a baseline run on this dyno last year before modding that made 275/295, so basically FBO mods got me +100 whp and +140 wtq. Not bad for $3k of modding. Now I just need a limited slip to help put it to the ground :D

135_dyno_6_29_2014_zps874da9fc.jpg

and video:

I stopped watching dynos when they went on lunch break - at that point the only thing higher than my car was a 7th gen Civic  putting down 404 whp / 305 wtq - pretty impressive build actually. It made max torque by 4500 rpm and revved to 8400. 

The lowest I saw was another Civic at like 130 whp / 126 wtq but most years there is at least one FWD car by the end of the day that is sub-100 whp, lol. 

Last year the highest was some Supra pushing like 560 whp or something - I didn't see anything at the show today that looked as competitive as that. 

hooligans indeed! damn sorry I missed you. Me and Wisco chatted it up for a while. If you combined our 2 vehicles you'd have something cool - a show car, a go car, and a winter car all wrapped into one hahah

god i didn't realize that e36 doing burnouts had blue wheels. Go figure. Kid takes a perfectly good bimmer and ruins it.