King Dyno Day

WiscoE90

aprokavic downpipes

cobb intercooler

cobb drop-in filter

maddad catback

cobb stage 2+FMIC aggressive

Those are my mods.

The dyno number isn't as important as the difference to stock - remember my baseline was 275/295 with maddad catback. So adding these mods gave an overall gain of 105 whp / 139 wtq, and that's on 93 octane.

Honestly unless you're looking at an inflated dyno, you would need higher octane or run E85 in order to see 400+ whp. Most FBO cars you see running a similar tune will put down similar numbers to what I have - typically between 360-385 whp and 400-440 wtq. 

One thing I will reiterate is they had to put my car in 5th gear because even 4th was spinning the tires on the dyno, so if you're getting back on the dyno with FBO, keep it in mind. Throw some E85 in there and you'll be well within reach of your power goals, though :D 

aprokavic downpipes

cobb intercooler

cobb drop-in filter

maddad catback

cobb stage 2+FMIC aggressive

Those are my mods.

The dyno number isn't as important as the difference to stock - remember my baseline was 275/295 with maddad catback. So adding these mods gave an overall gain of 105 whp / 139 wtq, and that's on 93 octane.

Honestly unless you're looking at an inflated dyno, you would need higher octane or run E85 in order to see 400+ whp. Most FBO cars you see running a similar tune will put down similar numbers to what I have - typically between 360-385 whp and 400-440 wtq. 

One thing I will reiterate is they had to put my car in 5th gear because even 4th was spinning the tires on the dyno, so if you're getting back on the dyno with FBO, keep it in mind. Throw some E85 in there and you'll be well within reach of your power goals, though :D

Oh I know. I'll keep traction issues in mind as I hit up the dyno again. Either way, your numbers are impressive. Definitely nothing to laugh at.

My mods:

• JB4 G5 ISO
  • Wedge backend flash
  • VRSF 3" downpipes
  • Riss Racing 3" catback exhaust
  • K&N drop-in air filter
  • Walbro 255 inline fuel pump
  • 100% E85

VRSF 7" intercooler is on the way. I should be able to hit my goal, I did 283whp/292wtq with just an airfilter and catback.

Datalog @ 17.5psi. (before aggressive Wedge flash with 15* timing):

bms-e85-flash-map5-run1.jpg

hell yeah with an intercooler if you're running E85 already you should hit 400 no problem. Keep us posted. You're basically in my camp of now needing a LSD and wider tires :D

Definitely. Wedge flash makes a big difference. My traction light comes on in 3rd. I wish LSDs weren't such a PITA for these 1-series'...

Are you on N54tech or 1Addicts?

yeah i'm on 1addicts as I_love_cars and I'm a lurker on n54tech - i mainly lurk there because I don't have a JB4 yet. Cobb is working great for me as an OTS solution and I probably won't pick up a JB4 until down the road when I need to run meth. 

Honestly, as far as the LSD goes, yeah it's disappointing that it's such a bitch to do, but it's so worth it. I had the benefit of seeing one in action - I made friends with a local guy here who is FBO running the same tune I am - the only difference between our cars is that he has the Wavetrac LSD and is also lowered with camber so he's running 235 F / 265 R tires. Even from a 40 mph roll, he almost instantly was able to put over a car length on me. The car hooks up insanely better with LSD and wider meats. Being right next to something like that and seeing how much harder it pulls was very illuminating.

Even at 40, if I don't have perfect pavement there are many times where the rear end kicks out and wants to go sideways. LSD with our amount of power is just a necessity if you ever want to get after it. I usually feel like I'm floating down the road when I stomp on the loud pedal. 

yeah i'm on 1addicts as I_love_cars and I'm a lurker on n54tech - i mainly lurk there because I don't have a JB4 yet. Cobb is working great for me as an OTS solution and I probably won't pick up a JB4 until down the road when I need to run meth. 

Honestly, as far as the LSD goes, yeah it's disappointing that it's such a bitch to do, but it's so worth it. I had the benefit of seeing one in action - I made friends with a local guy here who is FBO running the same tune I am - the only difference between our cars is that he has the Wavetrac LSD and is also lowered with camber so he's running 235 F / 265 R tires. Even from a 40 mph roll, he almost instantly was able to put over a car length on me. The car hooks up insanely better with LSD and wider meats. Being right next to something like that and seeing how much harder it pulls was very illuminating.

Even at 40, if I don't have perfect pavement there are many times where the rear end kicks out and wants to go sideways. LSD with our amount of power is just a necessity if you ever want to get after it. I usually feel like I'm floating down the road when I stomp on the loud pedal. 

did you stick around for the porsche to go on the dyno? It was the last car....

Yep, I know exactly what you're talking about! I can never hook in 2nd gear when I stomp on it. 3rd gear or bust.

King Dyno Day was a success. Everybody was having a good time, I put down good numbers, and WISCOe90 was there so I got to chat with him, among some other cool people I haven't seen since Dyno Days last year ;)   Only one huge douche (ironically in an e36 BMW) doing burnouts when he showed up which caused a bunch of staff from King to run out yelling because, ya know, there's tons of people standing around and you're not cool sitting there doing burnouts. I hope it was nobody on this forum because I would be severely disappointed to know I indirectly associate with such a huge doucher. 

anyways, here's my chart! best pull was in 5th gear (1;1 ratio anyways) because 4th gear was spinning the tires.  379 whp / 434 wtq. I did a baseline run on this dyno last year before modding that made 275/295, so basically FBO mods got me +100 whp and +140 wtq. Not bad for $3k of modding. Now I just need a limited slip to help put it to the ground :D

Map 5?   How much e85?

Me....vanos kicked in oops

Yea it definitely sounded badass but I disregard that fact because that was really not the place to be doing burnouts. 

i was told that GT2 they dyno'd made around 600whp, wish i wasn't stuck at work that day

Sick. I wish I coulda stuck around later to see. had to leave by 2:30 or so