WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E46 mods and ideas...

RamRod E28

Ok well after about a month of trying to sell the e46 and just finishing the e28 manual swap and build, I left the e46 off to the wayside for almost a month. She was covered in dirt and the birds decided to do some target practice on it as well. So I took her to the car wash and gave her a bath and stood back and realized, damn, this is still quite a sexy beast just needs some minor tlc to be perfect. Then, I went for a cruise and as I was pounding through the gears and hauling through the backroads around where I live, I could feel all the years of refinement over the e28. So Im wanting to keep her and do some custom subtle mods basically go oem plus, so get some lows, some nice wheels, a roof rack, a slightly louder exhaust and do some other tweaking but mostly go for the look of having a very clean e46 that I can take on those long trips and relax rather than hear the drone of the damn close to straight pipe on my super eta powered monster e28. So guys and gals (if there are any on here lol) pitch me some ideas (within reason (SNAP). I also am trying to do this on a decent budget (no moneys here like king of ocd stainless and powdercoating junkie EARL lol)

How she sits now

D405B03C-172D-4555-A4E8-0007087B995F_zps

088A447A-3B66-4559-A9A7-9AF651C27920_zps

What are u smoking? The amber is gone for a reason and those rice lights are factory just no amber. I hate the orange!!!

I think all red tails or a set of lightly smoked clear tails would be a lot better than the super blacked out amber. The clears on the front are tinted way too dark as well. If they were lightened up it would look much better=) 

You don't want to look like just a black shape=P

dsc00493wd8.jpg

I think all red tails or a set of lightly smoked clear tails would be a lot better than the super blacked out amber. The clears on the front are tinted way too dark as well. If they were lightened up it would look much better=) 

You don't want to look like just a black shape=P

dsc00493wd8.jpg

Stealth is boss... Cops can't chase, what they can't see...

So Im wanting to keep her and do some custom subtle mods basically go oem plus

Absolutely nothing you are listing is custom, subtle, or oem+. Murdered out is the 2009 version of rice kind sir. Pat isn't saying remove the tint on the tails and leave them amber. We are saying remove the tint and use Testors Candy Red or some other translucent red to make the tail lights "all red".

The boser hood idea (that is your facelift hood on a non-facelift since it covers the headlights) angel eyes, and m3 front fenders are all things that are almost always considered rice in the BMW world. They look terrible almost every time they are done.

Wheels, a drop, and some tint removal is all you need. If you want those tails even in the least bit, get rid of this thing. Those need to be killed with fire

Absolutely nothing you are listing is custom, subtle, or oem+. Murdered out is the 2009 version of rice kind sir. Pat isn't saying remove the tint on the tails and leave them amber. We are saying remove the tint and use Testors Candy Red or some other translucent red to make the tail lights "all red".

The boser hood idea (that is your facelift hood on a non-facelift since it covers the headlights) angel eyes, and m3 front fenders are all things that are almost always considered rice in the BMW world. They look terrible almost every time they are done.

Wheels, a drop, and some tint removal is all you need. If you want those tails even in the least bit, get rid of this thing. Those need to be killed with fire

Seconded.

I say strut brace, good summer tires, HIDs, and any maintenance items it may be in need of (bushing refresh)

You just brought up a point I was overlooking. Do ALL maintenance that is even close to being due. I know your bushings should be changed. You don't want to be part of the e46 subframe mount cracking statistic=)

Spend the money on a GoPro, do burnouts in Earl's front yard, post it on youtube.

or

I say strut brace, good summer tires, HIDs, and any maintenance items it may be in need of (bushing refresh)

Ill bring both bfinley in the e46 and me in the e28 and smoke out his entire neiborhood!!! Why is everyone hating on black??? Black is the only black and why hate on the tails most seem to like em... Earl is just jealous because I did a full swap on my e28 in the time it took him to do his rear brakes and bearings...

I like black cars, but too much black is tough to pull off "well". I'm not a fan of just the tinted rear turns, do the turns all red. If going with dark wheels, shadowline the trim, if going with a silver wheel keep the trim silver.

I vote for simple wide silver wheels and keep trim "as is"

/opinions.

Ill bring both bfinley in the e46 and me in the e28 and smoke out his entire neiborhood!!! Why is everyone hating on black??? Black is the only black and why hate on the tails most seem to like em... Earl is just jealous because I did a full swap on my e28 in the time it took him to do his rear brakes and bearings...

Also jc43089 with his newly diff swapped e30 vert