WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Got my suspension installed today

Narcosis

Hard to say on ride height.  I'm going to revisit it in a month or so, once I get some seat time.  

Next up is the audio system, I've got most of the parts in hand and am really looking forward to some decent sound.  The BMW "base" system which came with this car is a joke, considering the caliber of vehicle it is.  Some beancounter in Germany needs to be slapped.

Hard to say on ride height.  I'm going to revisit it in a month or so, once I get some seat time.  

Next up is the audio system, I've got most of the parts in hand and am really looking forward to some decent sound.  The BMW "base" system which came with this car is a joke, considering the caliber of vehicle it is.  Some beancounter in Germany needs to be slapped.

I agree, the H/K premium sound is a must.

HU

Pioneer P99RS (or the Pioneer 80PRS) I have used the Pioneer 80prs but now own the P99RS.

6 channel amp (amazing amp. even has clip indicator lights for all 6 channels)

Zed Audio Leviathan

Speakers

Pick out something nice from www.parts-express.com or www.madisound.com

I'm sticking with the OEM HU, my amp is a JL XD600/6, and the front components are Focal 100KRS.   JL cleansweep to flatten the OEM HU signal and a JL cl-ses for additional system inputs (I got in on the Pono Player kickstarter funding).  Underseat 8" subs are going to replaced with a pair of earthquake SW8 parts. If the SW8s don't satisfy the low end, I've got an old reliable JL 10w3 DVC sitting on a shelf in the garage, along with my old reliable Soundstream 6.0 class a cheater amp for the trunk.

I'm considering swapping out the rear full range crap speakers with a pair of coax'es, or may just leave the OEM parts there and use HU power for a bit of rear fill.

I'm sticking with the OEM HU, my amp is a JL XD600/6, and the front components are Focal 100KRS.   JL cleansweep to flatten the OEM HU signal and a JL cl-ses for additional system inputs (I got in on the Pono Player kickstarter funding).  Underseat 8" subs are going to replaced with a pair of earthquake SW8 parts. If the SW8s don't satisfy the low end, I've got an old reliable JL 10w3 DVC sitting on a shelf in the garage, along with my old reliable Soundstream 6.0 class a cheater amp for the trunk.

I'm considering swapping out the rear full range crap speakers with a pair of coax'es, or may just leave the OEM parts there and use HU power for a bit of rear fill.

sounds to me like you are a DIYMA member