WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Anyone who owns a motorcycle, I got some questions

jockhater2

Those aren't bikes I am looking at. Those are bikes that can connect to a side stand.

I understand, but the cool things about lists, is that they can be for other things.  For example, the other day I wrote the ingrediants I needed for a recipe into a list.  I made the declaration that the list was for my recipe, but then I also used it as my shopping list.  See, same list, 2 uses.

Well now I am in a dilema. Apparently because of insurance reasons...you can not test ANY sport bike at ANY dealership. So I can not test ride the 2 bikes I am looking at. Which are the ninja 300 and the honda cbr500. I would like to test ride them and see which one I want.

Seriously? I understand the purpose but that's stupid. You should be liable for any damages if you destroy a bike on a test ride. Do they have a return policy now if you don't like what you bought?

Seriously? I understand the purpose but that's stupid. You should be liable for any damages if you destroy a bike on a test ride. Do they have a return policy now if you don't like what you bought?

They do have a return policy. But it sounds dumb to me.

Because what happens if I ride the 1st bike. Then return it to "buy" the 2nd bike. Only to return that one and say I want the 1st bike again.

On top of that. I want to buy a used one.

It's pretty queer. Its a new policy they started. I even called Waukesha Road track and trail who sell used motorcycles and they said the same thing. I CAN'T EVEN TEST RIDE A NINJA 250!!! The guy at cedarcreeek told me I could test ride a Honda Goldwing 1.8l even though the bike is WAY to big for me before I could ever test ride the 250N.

So I made up my mind and I am going to go with a 300. They hold high resale value and If I wish to try a different bike in the future then I will just sell it.

I hear you, there are a shit ton of threads online about hard break in vs manufacturer break in. Both have some decent points. I know when I broke my Supermoto in. I rode it very spirited. Gave me 17xxx worry free miles over 6 years. Sold it and it's still getting beat on today.

I did a lot of reading on it too. I understand why so many people don't follow it. Because they only own their bikes for a short time and then sell them for a different model. But I am keeping this bike and if/when I out grow it. I will be giving it to my fiance'.

Also I get 1 week off of work in summer and 2 weeks off in winter. During my vacation time off of work my brother and I will be travelling. So this bike will be seeing a lot of miles. One more reason I want to follow the break in.

I hear you, there are a shit ton of threads online about hard break in vs manufacturer break in. Both have some decent points. I know when I broke my Supermoto in. I rode it very spirited. Gave me 17xxx worry free miles over 6 years. Sold it and it's still getting beat on today.

I did a lot of reading on it too. I understand why so many people don't follow it. Because they only own their bikes for a short time and then sell them for a different model. But I am keeping this bike and if/when I out grow it. I will be giving it to my fiance'.

Also I get 1 week off of work in summer and 2 weeks off in winter. During my vacation time off of work my brother and I will be travelling. So this bike will be seeing a lot of miles. One more reason I want to follow the break in.

Go ride US 129 during your vacation.

318 curves in 11 miles. It was so much fun on the supermoto.

Go during the week, there is less traffic

Can also hit up the cherohala skyway.

I put on almost 1000 miles there in a week

The most fun roads I've ever been on

Tennessee has some great riding

HMM, that is a good read.  I used synthetic right after my m50 rebuild and it does burn a little oil.  Only about a quart every 10k though.  Now I know better and I would use the RP break in oil or some other non-synthetic during the first running, or the first two after reading this article.