WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Anyone who owns a motorcycle, I got some questions

jockhater2

Cool. The harley class I heard is $300.

So the road america one is cheaper. Is it a weekend class? Or a 5 day one?

They have a lot of different options all throughout the warmer months. I took one of the weekend classes, which is two full days. They do offer weekday classes as well, which are typically night classes.

Here is their website for the class:

http://www.roadamerica.com/experiences/motorcycle-schools/basic-rider-course.html

They will constantly update it as new classes are planned.

As an added bonus, if you go when there is an event taking place, you can watch the cars on the track after class without having to pay any admission costs.

They have a lot of different options all throughout the warmer months. I took one of the weekend classes, which is two full days. They do offer weekday classes as well, which are typically night classes.

Here is their website for the class:

http://www.roadamerica.com/experiences/motorcycle-schools/basic-rider-course.html

They will constantly update it as new classes are planned.

As an added bonus, if you go when there is an event taking place, you can watch the cars on the track after class without having to pay any admission costs.

Thank you for that. Well the problem is. I work 4am-130. So I usually go to bed at 7 or 8. So classes being from 530-930 is pretty gay. All the weekend slots are already sold out. Wow. That is retarded

As I said earlier, they do offer classes all throughout spring, summer, and fall. There should be plenty of opportunities to get a weekend class if you don't mind waiting. Just check the website every once in a while and see if new ones are posted!

Well that is good. thank you very much. I will have to wait until they have more. that April 1st was bad timing for me anyways. I am moving finally out of my Moms house and renting a house with a couple friends and my girlfriend. Finally.

• 2 weeks later...

harbor freight sells some cheap motorcycle stands.  I personally bought pitbull stands.  For the extra coin, they will last forever.

Usually they will require you to buy spools for the swinger, they are pretty cheap.  Or you can go a little further and get GP adapters and a GP stand.  Here is my setup with the GP lifters:

RearBrake2_zps59468d70.jpg

motorcycle jacks really only work on non-sportbikes, or bikes that don't have the exhaust running under the engine.

Makes sense. I was wondering about that. I haven't picked up the ninja 300 yet. Should be doing it this saturday.

I posted 3 motorcycle stands off of browsing ebay for less than a minute. I'd like a better stand. I'd prefer not to get a harbor freight or equivalent.

I used an ogio drive in stand. It basically 180'd under the bike as you rolled it forward. Pretty slick. Also. Look into a condor wheel chalk. Super slick. And can be mounted anywhere and removed with a few pins. But then I again, I had a Supermoto, so you we used to load them into full size pickups with a few guys lifting them. Or just wheelie them onto trailers that didn't have ramps.

(He said, desperately pushing you towards a Supermoto.....)

Here is a really cool side stand:

http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-stand-lift.htm

Available local too.  That place is in West Bend.

• BMW S1000RR
  • Suzuki GSX-R 600 / 750 / 1000
  • Ducati 848 / 999 / 1098 / 1198
  • Yamaha YZF R1, R6
  • MV Agusta F4
  • Agusta Brutal 1078
  • Honda CBR 600 / 1000
  • Kawasaki ZX10-R
  • Triumph 675 / Daytona / Street Triple

It only works for those bikes.

• 4 weeks later...