WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New Member in Platteville

bfinley

Hi,

My name is Ben,

I just picked up a 1978 e21 that I have been eyeballing for months  to build into a daily/autoX car, hopefully take some wear and tear off of my subaru.

It has a mechanically fuel injected m10 motor under the hood in the pile of parts I also have an m20 which I'm debating on slapping a EFI and a turbo or a couple weber carbs.

Here are a couple pictures from the first time I saw it in the fall. Sadly I don't get the nice wheels, but I'll come up with something before spring hits.

Hope to get in touch with some other South West Wisconsin members.

CE11F49D-701E-4E1F-A762-C219FF7896F5.png

AED46BCC-65ED-4774-86C4-9DDFDCB6F7B8.png

Guest Laishes

Hi,

My name is Ben,

I just picked up a 1978 e21 that I have been eyeballing for months  to build into a daily/autoX car, hopefully take some wear and tear off of my subaru.

It has a mechanically fuel injected m10 motor under the hood in the pile of parts I also have an m20 which I'm debating on slapping a EFI and a turbo or a couple weber carbs.

Here are a couple pictures from the first time I saw it in the fall. Sadly I don't get the nice wheels, but I'll come up with something before spring hits.

How much did you snag this for? Looks very clean!!

Welcome man!! Nice to see another e21 owner around here for a change. :) Yours looks very clean and straight, nice find. As Snap said, I do have an e21 that I am doing quite a bit of work to myself and definitely know these cars from front to back. Would love to talk more and stuff too.

Snap, that is a BBS or Hartge (always mix those two up) front spoiler, not an 320is (sport package) spoiler. Very well could be a sport package tho. They came from the factory with an "is" front spoiler, recaro's, 3 spoke steering wheel, basketweaves, and an LSD.

How much did you snag this for? Looks very clean!!

Welcome man!! Nice to see another e21 owner around here for a change. :) Yours looks very clean and straight, nice find. As Snap said, I do have an e21 that I am doing quite a bit of work to myself and definitely know these cars from front to back. Would love to talk more and stuff too.

Snap, that is a BBS or Hartge (always mix those two up) front spoiler, not an 320is (sport package) spoiler. Very well could be a sport package tho. They came from the factory with an "is" front spoiler, recaro's, 3 spoke steering wheel, basketweaves, and an LSD.

I'll deffinetely be in touch once I start pulling things apart. I'm very new to the BMW world so this should be an exciting project.

That is a BBS front spoiler, and it is not a factory sports package sadly it and the wheels wont be coming with the car, but that's ok.

The car is pretty clean and straight, all the emissions garbage has been removed from the engine bay.

Replacing bushings and coilovers is my first priority

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...