WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Newbie in Platteville

Guest speedstarE36

Guest speedstarE36

Whats up... Obviously Im new here. I picked up my first BMW about 6ish months ago in my hometown of Monroe (just south of Madison). It is a 94 325i(s?). I got it for fairly cheap and I am slowly going to be building it into a drift car. As of right now the only real modifications are a Turner motorsports chip and a welded diff. The previous owner had Bilsteens on the front and rear, blew out the rears and put what I believe are Eibach springs in the back. It sits like a 70s muscle car lol. I have had to out to a track event once in Madison at Slide Society's last drift event this year at Columbus 151. The car is not "clean" or anything of that sort. A previous owner rear ended a vehicle. At some point in time the rear windows were spray painted black instead of tint, which I promptly removed with aircraft stripper. It was covered in motorcycle parts company stickers. The wheels that came on it are fairly clean. I do not know the brand, but I have been told something like beren. I plasti dipped them bright yellow lol. I have some plans for this winter to hopefully make it more of a track/drift car by spring, but we will see how that goes. I am pretty new to the whole forum thing so we will see if I can even properly post images on here.

bright_yellow.jpg

Whats up... Obviously Im new here. I picked up my first BMW about 6ish months ago in my hometown of Monroe (just south of Madison). It is a 94 325i(s?). I got it for fairly cheap and I am slowly going to be building it into a drift car. As of right now the only real modifications are a Turner motorsports chip and a welded diff. The previous owner had Bilsteens on the front and rear, blew out the rears and put what I believe are Eibach springs in the back. It sits like a 70s muscle car lol. I have had to out to a track event once in Madison at Slide Society's last drift event this year at Columbus 151. The car is not "clean" or anything of that sort. A previous owner rear ended a vehicle. At some point in time the rear windows were spray painted black instead of tint, which I promptly removed with aircraft stripper. It was covered in motorcycle parts company stickers. The wheels that came on it are fairly clean. I do not know the brand, but I have been told something like beren. I plasti dipped them bright yellow lol. I have some plans for this winter to hopefully make it more of a track/drift car by spring, but we will see how that goes. I am pretty new to the whole forum thing so we will see if I can even properly post images on here.

bright_yellow.jpg

Welcome! 

I find it funny how often these key words end up in the same post :D

This is a good place, im glad you found it. 

Guest speedstarE36

lol yea. I wasn't really trying to sell it, just made a funny post and slapped a craigslist price on it because I had found a 240 I wanted. That kid backed out and now I have a renewed interest in my BMW again! I have a few pictures from when I pulled the diff and welded that. I have the Turner motorsports chassis reinforcement plates and some powerflexx subframe bushings I was going to install when I did the diff, but it wasn't my garage and time was tight. I will make a build thread when I start actually doing some work on it. I met JC that is actually how I found this place. As far as the hoodpins goes.... lol they were on the car from the previous owner after her rear ened a truck I guess, so I have just been rocking them till I get more replacement parts anyone with a black hood for sale LOL. 

Welcome, glad you decided to keep it. Yes I was doing cold calls, my wife thought it was weird that I would just knock on somebodies door just because they have a BMW lol. I have a black hood you could have but its for a sedan and wouldn't fit. This should be a sweet project, during the summer when my car is out of my garage I am pretty well stocked with tools, welder etc. I have a pile of e36 parts laying around so if you need anything let me know.

Guest speedstarE36

Lol jc, I will keep you in mind. The only 2 places I have to work on my car are both back home in Monroe. I plan on making it to every slide society event next year. I had a blast! I was nervous because I'm pretty new to drifting and my ebrake is froze, but everyone there was really nice and friendly. Plus its cheap and legal lol

Lol jc, I will keep you in mind. The only 2 places I have to work on my car are both back home in Monroe. I plan on making it to every slide society event next year. I had a blast! I was nervous because I'm pretty new to drifting and my ebrake is froze, but everyone there was really nice and friendly. Plus its cheap and legal lol

Yeah, you cant go wrong for $20 and a full day of sliding!   Mark is a super cool guy too, I've seen him help tons of people get started!  As for that ebrake, if you're looking to run a hydro let me know.  I've helped a handful of people get their hydros set up and will be doing one for Rampelsauce in the near future.  Feel free to pm me if you have any questions!