WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Savin Big Money Project Thread

jc43089

• 1 month later...

It may be true, the M20 is fun.  It has such a different character than the 24V.  Yesterday we ran some pouches to test, today when the bacon gets here we will run some real product.  I have a few things to finish up on the vert before I put a for sale sign on it.  It is such a fun car but I can't have two summer cars and I like the e36 more.  The e36 is a better driving car but the e30 has much more class/stylish looks.  I wonder if I could mutate an e34ish round headlight setup on the e36...

With the header panel sitting under the headlights and corner lights, it would be very difficult to get an e34 grille to fit and those portions would look out of place as filler panels. Also, the hood line and bumper line is much different than the e34 and it wouldn't line up properly. The amount of work it would require to make it look "proper" would cost much more time and money than just getting an e34. 

The funny thing about the e34 is it is almost exactly what an e30 and e36 would look like it they mated. 

Hmm, I like the one with the old style grills better than the e36 center with round headlights, but they just don't jive that well.  It seemed better in my head.  I will just get Euro glass ones with city lights and no halos.

John, that is what I run=) City lights are far classier than ccfl's. I even retrofitted city lights into my US-Spec headlights before I purchased my current lights. I hate ccfl's to bits on any car they did not come on factory. 

John, that is what I run=) City lights are far classier than ccfl's. I even retrofitted city lights into my US-Spec headlights before I purchased my current lights. I hate ccfl's to bits on any car they did not come on factory. 

Totally agree, no offense to those with blingin halo rings on their e30s but it doesn't work for me.  I have no problem with upgrading your standard e39/e46 headlights with them though, they look great on those cars.