WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Savin Big Money Project Thread

jc43089

How are you gonna move the car out of the garage? I've always been curious if 4 1000# mover dollies ($20 each at HF) could serve as car dollies for a bare shell.

This is the plan, as long as I get it down low before moving it shouldn't be a problem, FYI if you have the drivetrain out of an e36 and have the jackstands on the factory pads you can lift the front end by yourself.

Looking forward to see how the blasting goes!

Let me know when you want help putting all those parts back in, 3 of us could get her back together in a weekend easy

I will probably be on hold for a little bit, helping Mike with his e28 on Tuesday and then I might get the e30 home and start the trans swap in the driveway.  I am going to be working 5 tens a week at work from April until July at least so that sucks for BMW productivity but OT is nice. 

BTW that air dryer is brilliant!

Thanks!  I hope it works.  I think by using the 3/4" pipe the air will slow down enough to cool effectively.  It is also pretty compact which is necessary in my one car garage.

I bet u Ben and I could get ur e36 pretty far in a weekend. You gotta get her done soon cause the spring in spring green meet is almost upon us

True story, course days notice and I'll clear a weekend. Plus I need a BMW ride to the meet since mine is on almost as many pieces as the e36

I got the interior out,

Dashboard, this should not be so difficult...

019_zpsf1868041.jpg

Seats and carpet.

020_zps83b2e43d.jpg

026_zpsb9971bd5.jpg

027_zpsca392e73.jpg

Looked great at that point, then I started removing the tar layer.

032_zps31811162.jpg

031_zpsb0f92cdb.jpg

029_zps64b1d5bd.jpg

028_zps13732b7e.jpg

And the mountain of tar junk, every little bit of weight out helps.

033_zpsb19823ec.jpg

Next tasks, tar out of the trunk, then get the car out of the garage for sandblasting.