WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

parents have a kindle fire.

I know whenever I put music or videos on it, the sucker is super picky a bout file types.

Do you need a program to "unzip" the file or convert it?

I've never put ebooks on it. I can't read.

I can download a program for that, but I have no idea what I'd need to do to get it compatible with the Kindle, not much info out there I can understand lol

kinda defeats having a kindle fire to read books on the go. lol

edit: unless you can get adobe reader on a kindle??

Not sure, I'll have to check that out..

If you saw the people I'm around you'd know that's not possible.. I'm not into depressing, overweight, poorly dressed fetishes quite yet.

Not yet you say. That moment will come.

Either way, try to see if you can convert it to a kindle file, it sounds like it was downloaded in maybe a zip, or a .txt file.... See if it's the correct format first

I'm trying to find out what kind of format it needs, but honestly, I'm so bad at computer shit I'm more likely to solve a 30yr old murder case than figure this out..

"Converting incompatible formats to Kindle-friendly formats

What if you have digital copies of books that you want to read on the Kindle, but they won’t display in their current format? Try installing Calibre (calibre.kovidgoyal.net) or Stanza (www.lexcycle.com) on your PC/Mac. Calibre is the golden child right now, but I’ve also had success with conversions using the desktop version of Stanza in the past. You should know, however, that Amazon now owns Stanza—so if you’re looking to go Amazon-free stick with Calibre, which remains independent as of July 2009."

Sorry guys got it taken care of. I'll have to keep a close eye on things the next couple days. Looking into forum software upgrades now, sick of dealing with this!!

How do you even go about fighting spam? Does Zeroforum or whoever, provide tools?

Also, have you considered monetizing? I know the traffic here isnt THAT big but if you get some non-annoying ads or sponsors it might generate a few dollars now and then.

How do you even go about fighting spam? Does Zeroforum or whoever, provide tools?

Also, have you considered monetizing? I know the traffic here isnt THAT big but if you get some non-annoying ads or sponsors it might generate a few dollars now and then.

Don't even talk. I love logging into this forum, and it not having a single spot of ad's. It's so uncluttered.

I have some very effective anti-spam monitoring software installed on the forum. Then I get to manually delete stuff when it gets through. At least it deletes posts and bans users all in one sweep.

As far as monetizing its in the works but like Brian I would like it to be subtle. I think making money on t-shirts and other merchandise will be the first route. Running this deal isn't too high of a cost for rampy and I, its the meet ups where the money gets spent :D

I have some very effective anti-spam monitoring software installed on the forum. Then I get to manually delete stuff when it gets through. At least it deletes posts and bans users all in one sweep.

As far as monetizing its in the works but like Brian I would like it to be subtle. I think making money on t-shirts and other merchandise will be the first route. Running this deal isn't too high of a cost for rampy and I, its the meet ups where the money gets spent :D

just make me a mod, and I'll do it. I sit at home all day anyways... ;)