WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

BMW Shop Wish List?

Bayerische Bombe

Hey Bimmer community! Got holiday cash burning a hole in your Tasche? Maybe a birthday of your favorite Oma around the corner? Look nicht further!

I know I don't know a ton of people on here, and I'm not sure this would be taken with great enthusiasm or not, but I wanted to throw out a friendly offer and put my few bimmer talents to use!

As some of you may or may not know, I'm a high school German teacher in West Bend and will be travelling to Germany on a summerly basis for quite some time with our student exchange program. A new (and, as I will be taking over the planning from now on, regular) stop for our yearly escapades is the BMW Museum in Munich and, granted I will have limited carry-on space in my bags as I will be in Deutschland for 3 weeks, but I thought I'd make an offer anyhow:

If you know of anything you may desire from the BMW museum, I could gladly pick it up for you, bring it back to the states, and deliver or mail it to you for much cheaper than shipping from DE, depending on your distance. Here is the link to their shop for ideas: http://www.bmw-museum-shop.de/

Of course there could be fluctuation by the time summer comes around, but currently the Euro is down which is good news for shoppers. 1 Euro = $1.34. Last time I was in Deutschland it was 1 Euro to $1.63 at it's highest. It was only slightly lower than this a few months ago and that was it's rock bottom worth in recent years, so buy while the buying's good! If anyone is super interested, let me know so we can work something out!

I took German in middle school, and also high school. I really wish I remebered it all. Frau Rosenthall was my teacher in high school. In Kewaskum too. So a town away from you now:) I actually live in West Bend now:P But not to derail. I would definitely take you up on the offer when the tike comes;)

Dear lord, if you would happen upon an mtech1 kit for an e30 for sale, i would gladly pay for shipping + extra and i would love you forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.

Same goes for E28 euro bumpers ;) Sounds like a fun trip, I've been over there once and would like to go again especially to visit the mothership

• 3 months later...

Hey, Bimmer Community!

I am leaving June 13th for Germany - just about a month away!  Once again, here is a link to the BMW museum store (I don't remember if anything that was there before no longer exists or if new products are available): http://www.bmw-museum-shop.de/

Last call for item requests!  I shall pick them up for you and send you a paypal invoice to me for payment upon my return.  I will do my best to find whatever you request in the physical store (I'm not sure if what is online varies from the store - this is why I will ask for payment after my return instead of before).

Should you be interested in the exact date, I will be there June 18th.  I'm not sure how available internet access will be as I will be with a host family or in a hotel which may or may not have wifi and I'm not sure how frequently I will be able to check last minute requests.  Please let me know sooner rather than later!

btw - the worth of the euro is still low at about $1.32!!! :lol:

Questions? Comments?  Message me or reply!

• 1 month later...

Soooo... I don't know if it is the site, Adobe, my computer, or the internet, but I keep getting errors when I try to upload pics from BMW Welt.  I believe my profile is currently public so I'm going to try to just post a facebook link directly to the album.  Let me know if you tried it and it's not working. If need be I could put them on photobucket or flickr or something.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151768903933968.1073741835.717033967&type=1

Well, it's like 12:30am here, so I am heading to bed.  Liebe Gruesse aus Deutschland!