Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snap

2018 Z4

10 posts in this topic

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1112162_bmw-z4-concept-leaked-ahead-of-pebble-beach-debut#image=100618366

Until today we had only really seen camo-covered test mules of the new Z4 which shares development with Toyota for their new Supra.

2018-bmw-z4-redesign-and-price.jpg

Ever since the Jaguar F-type came out I have been in love with it and wishing BMW would spice up their sports cars/roadsters a bit.
The new Z4 photos look promising. The car looks every bit as sexy as an F-type and then some. The humps behind the headrest are great and classic shark nose design lives on! if the tails looked a bit less like a 6 series Gran Coupe id be even happier. The Aventador-esque air inlets on the front are a bit much but I can live with them.

z4_1.jpg

bmw-z4-concept-official-pics-leaked.jpg

z4_17.jpg

2018-BMW-Z4-G29-Concept-2017-Pebble-Beach-Cockpit-05-750x501.jpg

I like it a lot, they will tone it down a little for the production cars and the manual is already confirmed. 

And I agree, Z4s age so well that I also hope they go down in price a bit now.

nope. missed the mark again. we once joked about how big bmw kidneys would become someday. not a joke anymore.

and whats with asian Russell Brand? why no hot chick? oh, yeah, because the chicks were like "pose with a miata? meh."

Snap likes this

2 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

...because the chicks were like "pose with a miata? meh."

I haven't done any first-hand research, but based on what I've seen heard about on the internet, you can get chicks to do pretty much anything for a few hundred bucks. Definitely less than a grand.... wait... What were we talking about?

The kidney grilles have been a point of contention with me.  Honestly, I'm glad to see the headlights don't touch them......that is a win to me.

If you look, the new mercs have been getting much larger logo's/grilles as well.  It stems from the European DOT (whatever it's called) making stricter rules for pedestrian impacts with cars.  They don't want the people laid out on the hood, or getting plowed over (going under the car.  The only way to combat that is to make a larger vertical surface at the nose of the car.....thus larger kidneys/grilles.

Not a fan, but I get what they are forced to do.  Again, so glad the headlights don't touch the grille, I hope BMW goes away from that as a whole, as it really took away from the kidney look.

Snap likes this