WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Intro

bfraser30

So, I just decided to sign up after lurking for months. I don't see any other new member posts, so hopefully I did this in the right spot and don't look like a fool in my first post. Anyway, my name is Brandon and I live in Wausau. I looked for an e30 all last winter and never really found the right one, so I bought an 82 VW Rabbit Diesel. And now, after only a 5 months, I realize all I really want is an e30.

My uncle and cousin were the ones that hooked me on these cars. They had a 87 325iS they turbocharged and did auto cross races and such with, and I would go help from time to time. Ever since then I knew it all I wanted to drive.

Right now I'm in the process of trying to sell or trade my Rabbit. I'd really like to get an iX (just like everyone) as I'm a student and need one car I can drive year round. So I'm searching the internet for something decent so I can hopefully finally get the car I've always wanted.

So I guess if anyone knows of a decent iX or wants to buy my Rabbit, let me know otherwise I'll continue to learn and lurk!

Picture of my current car:

post-1485-136211549079_thumb.jpg

Welcome! I rode to kindergarten in a rabbit just like that :)

unless you are a real AWD lover, I would strongly suggest getting a normal 325i and buying some good winter tires and installing an LSD if the one you buy doesnt come with one. I dont drive my car in the snow but a high school friend had an 89 325is with snow tires and it went everywhere with confidence.

The 325ix is a great car, but the RWD cars are more fun and you never have to worry about replacing a transfer case.

welcome!

and yes what they said. seeing as how e30s have a (VERY) common bolt pattern of 4x100 it'll be easy to get yourself some cheap winter wheels and with those you'll be fine. i did last winter with mine and i never got close to getting stuck or had trouble going from a start. kept up with SUVs easily. i was impressed haha. (i also drive for a living and did with the e30 so it saw quite a bit of snow)

as for ix's i wouldnt mind one at all. especially if it was one with heated seats. either way you go good luck!

just a few i found

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/3403333517.html

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/3380574764.html

^^ the guy whos selling the white one still has it for sure. and the only cars he's ever owned were e30s so you know it will be in good shape.

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, I've been busy between break and school and have been away from the forums. I'm really not sure what the Rabbit is worth. I just put a lot of money into it making it DD worthy that I know I wont get back, so I'd prefer just to trade right now. Eventually the right e30 will pop up I can snag, but until then I love driving the Rabbit :) If anyones really interested though you can PM me. I can get you more info