WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1992 E30 Sport seats

ChrisO

I have no idea what a fair price is, I have seen anywhere from $400-1000 for a set of seats

They appear to be identical to seats out of a e30 M3, although I could be mistaken

slide, recline, up and down adjustments all work 

both side folding adjustments work

Front bolsters adjust but the passenger side doesn't close all the way, and the bottom cushion appears to be sunk a bit. Im assuming some supports need to be tweaked

Leather has no rips or tears, but has plenty of wear as seen. Could be a good set to fill and dye.

I think that they are in pretty good shape, most of them I see have chunks of foam and leather missing.

Really I just have no use for them and would like to hear realistically what you guys think they are worth! I'm thinking $600ish but let me know if it sounds too high or low
Located in downtown Madison

Thanks

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

I can’t comment for sure on the rest of the seat and the mechanisms, but the lever to fold the seat for back seat access is different from the one in my vert. Otherwise, all the other handles, bolsters, seams and everything looks to be identical. 

Edit: took a quick look, found this thread: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/e30-technical-forums/m3-technical-discussion/364894-m3-interior-question

Looks like they’re slightly different in handle type and location, but otherwise they’re the same. 

R3v search says yes the front sport seats are the same in the coupe, m3 and vert, and in sedans the sport seats are also the same but don’t fold forward (but can be modified so they do).

The seat difference between the vert and other models is with the rear seats—still work but the seat back is slightly different

1 hour ago, Boris3 said:

R3v search says yes the front sport seats are the same in the coupe, m3 and vert, and in sedans the sport seats are also the same but don’t fold forward (but can be modified so they do).

The seat difference between the vert and other models is with the rear seats—still work but the seat back is slightly different

“Same” as in they are all interchangeable right

i always thought the stitching was different on sport seats between verts & m3 vs everything else 

D3F34D3B-C947-40E7-B733-53B02E8FC9CD.jpeg

7C7631CC-8228-4D9F-B31A-C00D3FC153BE.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...