WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Exit one 91, enter another 91...

alexw

• 6 months later...

Here's a brief recap of the last 8 months...

I sold an alpine white 1989 325iX back to andyhundley (who is a ginger btw). 

I then purchased a 2013 WRX, which I had ordered directly from Subaru. Had some specific requests that I couldn't find anywhere on a lot, and got a decent deal.

559566_687248328625_112666884_n.jpg

The thought process behind the WRX was that, I would continue to drive my 318is and whomever (wife or I) had our child, would drive the new car. You know, safety first, warranty, etc....Turned out that my wife didn't particularly care for the WRX, or she'll claim that she wanted me to have the new car. She took my 318is as her own daily driver. She didn't exactly pay much attention to keeping it clean, regrettably. 

So, a few months ago, I ended up having a significant failure to my WRX. Extremely long story short, a clutch and transmission needed replacing. Subaru claims I have a poor driving style and abused the vehicle. I can tell you thats not the case, and Subaru was never able to show how a clutch with 8,000 miles failed and caused a transmission to fail as well. They wanted $8,000 dollars for repair. After a month of fighting, and countless emails and phone calls, my car was fixed without cost.

Many of you may have seen my want to buy ad where I was looking for a cheap daily. I was under the impression my wife liked the 318is as she insisted on driving it. I was planning on buying a project car for cheap. After lots of discussion, the wife told me she didn't care for the 318is either... (Seeing a trend here fellas?)

SO- Three days ago, we traded the WRX for a used Mini Cooper S. It's a 2007 Cooper S with 42,000 miles. I forget the actual color, which is some sort of black but actually looks more like a dark dark blue. Wife loves it, so I suppose thats the important factor.

Today we washed it.

5912F760.jpg

My little one helped.

EAF45B57.jpg

ABBE6215.jpg

So thats that. Now I get to finally get back into my E30 and back into the BMW world that I have truly missed. She's dirtier than I remember, and needs some loving. Here are a few bad photos.

2FF35967.jpg

5B168F10.jpg

To Do / Wanted List
- Wheels / Tires

- Yes, the car is still on snow tires, shut your face.

- Suspension

- Fairly certain I will be doing coilovers, who's helping?

- Keyless Entry

- I have a few of these chinese kits around, they're slick, I'm tired of opening the car from the trunk.

- Lighting

- Car only has one working brake light, and is in serious need of some projectors + HID's... 

- Serious Detail

- The car has some light sun bleaching. I'll fix that.

I may start a new thread, I may update this one, who knows. Thanks for lookin, and I'm excited to see folks at meets soon!