WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Exit one 91, enter another 91...

alexw

oooooooo come autox alex!! i've heard e30s are a blast to race from a couple of people.

...but not quite as fun as the miata... hehe

A couple people.... shitttt you know like 5 me being one. 2 completely different animals. I love the miata for it's go-kart-ness... .e30 has that extra power to help ya steer the rear wheels, also sounds better.

Well, i've been quoted another $2,000 in repairs... Hopefully their insurance will pick up the bill.

Ugh!

I have installed an M-Tech 2 wheel.... And painted the rear spoiler. I should have some more photos in the next day or two.

Are you using the airbag column switches or non-airbag. I could live with the airbag ones but I have bumped the high beams on a few times on accident already

USAA, military only insurance company.

Its not a total, and if it is, they're retarded. I paid more than $2,000. If they want to go by NADA values, I think the car is still worth like $4,000. I could easily provide a list of recently sold cars and their values.

They usually don't brand the title of a car of that age. My touring was technically totalled and I bought it back with a clean title.

Did it by chance get rearended by a brodozer and come out looking like a normal sedan or something?

Yay=) If you ver are looking into an intake, they don't do anything. lol Kamotors just sounds good and I noticed barely any gain. I have a chip that I believe would work for you. It didn't work for me and I don't know why. Car ran great the first time after installing it. After that it wouldn't start unless I primed it.

Wow, I would've figured there'd be a difference, seeing as how the manifolds are very different, right? According to a guy on bimmerfest the manifolds are drastically different, as BMW kind of used the m42 in the e36s to "develop" the m44 that eventually replaced it :/

Already have a chip. Mark D, likely the only thing I'd buy from Canada.

Its noticeably quicker. This is one car/engine that is supposed to really benefit from a chip.

Hows the clutch on yours? When it comes time to replace it, go with the single mass M20 setup from the 325i. Best bang-for-buck mod you can do for the 318 :)

The car is very solid. If I do a flywheel swap it'll be from a non-AC 318is (euro). It's direct fit and less weight.

There is some discussion on the m20 flywheel actually being just as heavy after all the required parts are added up.

Rampel... This isn't prolly Eco friendly, it's performance oriented. Some report better mpg, others no... It's getting better than my M3 was so I don't care.

• 7 months later...

Haven't updated this in some time... I had been looking to sell the 318is but then decided against it. Mostly just maintenance lately. Had a little mini crisis the other day.

Had a family emergency on Monday night. I had to fly to my parents house in the. Negative degree weather, without warming up the car. Drove 80+ mph for about 8 mins, then turned it off... Didn't realize it then but I left a HUGE oil stain on my parents driveway. After the crisis, went home, parked the car. Came time to move it and I noticed a huge oil stain on the roadway. The front drivers side tire looked a little low as well. I moved it across the street (damn alternate street parking). Turns out that wasn't a good idea, not so much for the engine as the tire.

[ATTACH]794[/ATTACH]

No damage to the perfect shape 14 inch weaves.

The next day I did a wheel swap out in the snowy roadway and limped the car into the garage. Put it up on jack stands and found oil everywhere. Couldn't find a source. Popped the hood and found oil everywhere, even on top of the valve cover!! Didn't take long to find the oil dip stick had been lifted about 3 inches out of its "hole"... I'm confident that was the source of the leak, how it happened, idk.

Filled her back up with oil, did my best to clean the mess and she runs fine now. Just have one hell of a clean up come spring.

[ATTACH]795[/ATTACH]

Shitty photo of her from the window of my WRX after she got fixed.

post-1-136211550099_thumb.jpg

post-1-136211550103_thumb.jpg