WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

my 330i

nick.e46.330i.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So my car has been put away for winter already. I have the starting of my to do list.

2015-16 winter to do:

Refinish wheels

Cooling system

Disa valve

Brake booster

Timing chain tensioner/guides

Exhaust

Redo air management wiring

Rewrap head liner and a, b, and c pillars

Roof pdr

Order new compressors

Hard line setup

If time is available:

Differential

There is a few more thing as well but I can't think of them at the moment though.

691b2b313bedc7b522c9136c0b1de22d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Since my last post I got some more work done. I installed the M3 steering wheel, re-setup the management board for my air ride, rebuilt the disa valve with the German auto solutions kit, stained the wood for my trunk setup (finally), and installed a new csf aluminum radiator. I recently ordered the E60 shift lever, uuc dssr, and mishimoto aluminum expansion tank. I have a few more things to order but I should have plenty of time to drive it before I make the trip down for The Euro District. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

6 hours ago, Earl said:

Why an e60 shift lever? 

I was originally looking at getting a z4 lever. I did a little reading about them and people were saying that is was notchy feeling going into gears and that you would have to bend the shear rod on sedans so the lever doesn't hit the dash. I didn't want to bend a new dssr to not like how it shifted. And the e60 shift lever has a shorter throw than the stock 330i lever

• 2 months later...

Well the winter has come and gone.  I got what I could done on this thing but not all was completed. 

For those that seen the mishimoto expansion tank I warn that there are fitment issues with it. The top radiator hose being one that I encountered. The other issue I had was an installer rookie mistake. 

But here's a couple pictures of it now. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I dropped the rear end out of the car a month and a half ago with intent of putting new bushings in, put in toe correction brackets, swapping the diff to an open 3.38, and welding in reinforcement plates. Turns out when my brother started to weld the plates in he noticed a crack on the driver side rear mount. IMG_4259.JPG

Got everything fixed and plates welded on now.

Seeing how I can get things powder coated matte black for free at work.  I sent the trailing arms, subframe, upper control arms, and the subframe crossmember through the paint line. I ordered revshift poly subframe, trailing arm, and diff bushings. The rest of the bushings I purchased oe replacement parts.

IMG_3043.JPG

Put the rear end back in this past Sunday night. It's pretty much all back together besides some interior bits and such. 

Also I picked up some wheels from Jory. Some 17" oz fittistars. They will be rebuilt and refinished before they go on. IMG_4127.PNG