WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

e30 LS

Nick_08

Are you still running the weaves or will you be going with something meatier to get all of those ponies to the asphalt? 

I'm not sure what I am going to do. For now I'm sticking with the style 5 weaves and 205/45/16 BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2's. I would like to get some drag radials though eventually. To be honest the gearing seems a little high right now and In a straight line it breaks loose shifting into second at 50 but quickly grips and powers through.

Once I source a 4.10 LSD things may change...

I would like to try auto x with Kaiser and want to hit the strip near me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/17/2016 at 3:59 PM, Snap said:

Well, looks like it goes just as fast as your M20 on 18psi, with more low end and not as high-strung. 

LS1 is actually pretty soft down low with a flat tq curve.  That's why it's doesn't spin the tires at 20mph in a 1st gear roll on.  Any cam and it'll become a top end motor.

On 8/24/2016 at 1:12 PM, Nick_08 said:

I'm not sure what I am going to do. For now I'm sticking with the style 5 weaves and 205/45/16 BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2's. I would like to get some drag radials though eventually. To be honest the gearing seems a little high right now and In a straight line it breaks loose shifting into second at 50 but quickly grips and powers through.

I run a 373LSD in mine with a much taller tire (255/40/17) and more power.  410LSD would work well for your setup.  GLD for the 1/4 mile?

I run a 373LSD in mine with a much taller tire (255/40/17) and more power.  410LSD would work well for your setup.  GLD for the 1/4 mile?

Rock falls raceway, what setup do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk