WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

e30 LS

Nick_08

i'm gonna sell my 135i and buy a 2nd e30 for the purposes of an ls swap. This seals the deal 

I promise no disappointment. Just do yourself a favor and buy an LS either 5.7 or 6.0 that's in good repair. Make sure it comes with the harness and all accessories and a t56. And prepare to open your wallet. Plan at least $12,000 for everything.

Don't forget to keep us posted and come meet up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my opinion. If your inclined in any way to follow wiring diagrams and make simple alterations to a wiring harness it is so easy to modify a stock harness and pay a $100 to have the stock PCM reflashed. Or you can buy an aftermarket harness for $600-$900. This LS runs amazing with the stock PCM or you can spend hours messing around with Megasquirt and it may never be perfect. Choice was simple for me. And I have experience with Megasquirt...it's what run my old turbo m20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fwiw, diyautotune just came out with a plug and play LSx harness for Megasquirt3.

Honestly dont know why you would run MS on an NA LS Though, the stock ecu can be easily re-mapped and even modded to run a MAP sensor for a supercharger

The LS already has a MAP sensor. But it does use a MAF as well. I believe the stock PCM can be tuned to run without the MAF though.