WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

I bought a thing so I could more legitimately participate.

The Full Banana

not surprising.

which part?

much disappointment.  I opened the thread expecting to see this:

Deepest apologies, but thank god I didn't get a volkswagen. 

It would be a much more fun car if it were RWD. FWD with AWD when it slips is a bit of a letdown I must say. Was yours a 6spd manual? Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

True. Although mine had an entirely different AWD setup than yours does--mine was purely mechanical and could actually achieve "50/50" torque split. 

It was automatic. There are a lot of little reasons. At the end of the day, for a daily driver that isn't heavily modified, I just prefer BMWs. They are designed to do the things that I expect out of a car.

not surprising that you got bored with the Volvo 

I agree, I would rather drive my e36. It's a solid safe car for my wife though. She likes the 6spd and comfortable seats. Hauling the kids in comfort and style, the 300hp is ok too.

What year was yours Tom? I thought you had a p2?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Mine was a '99, so P80. P2 are much nicer cars.

Oh ok. I agree, a buddy used to have an NA p80 v70, totally different car. My biggest complaint so far is the horribly undersized intercooler. If it's over 70 degrees ambient power is down alot. IAT is sometimes 30+ above ambient. And it pretty much needs 91 octane AND octane booster.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Oh ok. I agree, a buddy used to have an NA p80 v70, totally different car. My biggest complaint so far is the horribly undersized intercooler. If it's over 70 degrees ambient power is down alot. IAT is sometimes 30+ above ambient. And it pretty much needs 91 octane AND octane booster. Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Aftermarket intercoolers do make a nice difference on those cars. I drove a friend's car after he put on a full Snabb kit and it was a nice improvement.