WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Micheal1972 data logging

SubmuzikBoss

Holy crap guys..

Haha. Normally I'm a big fan of keeping things very polite and respectful. I'd usually hunker down and wait until the shitstorm was over, but sometimes it's just too entertaining not to join in.

Best I can tell, this thread is about data logging, engine management and tuning. I would think that such a thread would have lots of numbers (data) or discussion about timing curves, fuel curves, boost management, etc, etc... Yet re-reading it I don't see any discussion of engine management or tuning at all....

How about some discussion about why one chiptune flash thingy is better than the other, so that the rest of us ignorant noobs can learn something...

Alright fellas, ive unbanned myself and the big boy pants are on.

No need to start a division amongst ourselves, we should all be able to give eachother meaningful hugs at any meets or get-togethers and the vibes going on in this thread indicate that hugs at meets  could get awkward or be unwanted all together. 

If anyone here is offended, understand that this is an internet message board and the ability to sense sarcasm is very minimal and proceed with that in mind. It never hurts to lighten up a bit on the internet. 

If anyone here is being offensive, please be considerate that some folks may not understand your humor and intentions and that they could be taken the wrong way. 

When someone becomes an internet pinata and they dont mind it, swing away, but if at any time someones feelers get hurt, put the bat down and re-consider how you approach certain people and topics. 

Just like real life/society, we share this forum/passion/region of the country with eachother and should try to maintain good vibes.

If the thread continues a downward spiral it will be locked or black-holed and I will personally tell you to either stop being a dick or whatever it is that we might need to converse about.

Sound good? 

good. 

-Unbanned Snap from the Congregation of WIBIMMERS Diplomacy 

9f85257c4ea7b9119c4416b136f29ce4.jpg

A local tuner is tuning the obd1 and obd2 Ecu for the last couple years. His business is no longer, but he still does it on the side. And he has a dyno.

He has sent me every file needed to tune the Ecu, and even working launch control.

That being said, it's harder than any platform I've tried before, but I'm confident I can get it to work. Many recent progressions have been made on obd2 ecu's (ms41 most specifically) with rom raider as well. You can flash your Ecu for 33$

I will be trying to use a ford slot style MAF, for relatively low power(sub 500whp) for a very very budget oriented setup.

Now my car just needs to be done :) ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk