WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Honda. Civic.

Ryan...

Well, I very well may find myself in a 1998 Honda Civic in the near-ish future.

Why? I'm looking for something that will be cheap as dirt to run, something that blends in, and something that my insurance doesn't see as a RACE CAR FOR THE STREET ZOMG like they apparently view the e36 chassis (Insurance for a 325i is $650/6 months, compared to $520/6 months on the WRX).

So does anyone here have any real life experience with civics? This is temporary ride until I get a "real job" and pay off my debts..

Car in question:

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/4347172948.html

I'll be getting this and around $2k cash for the Subaru. That means no more car payment, about $600 less/year for insurance, and cheaper upkeep. 

*FLAME SUIT ON*

Keywords: jdm integra civic ek eg gsr prelude accord honda d15 b18 bmw audi benz

How could you possibly go wrong?!?!?!?

Double wishbone suspension handles gloriously. 

Read my lips/keyboard/post: I WOULD OWN A CIVIC HATCH/INTEGRA/RSX IF I COULD OWN ONE AND BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Unfortunately the reputation and credibility of modified Honda owners has been run through a Slap Chop for 12 hours, ground to a fine paste, set on fire, then nuked from orbit. 

You should ask him to lower the price if he removes the concealed narcotics from the nooks and crannies of the vehicle. 

That car plus $2000 doesn't seem like a good trade on your end. Why not find another e30 or find an e34? 

I'm only going to get around $4300-4400 for my car as it sits :/

Truthfully, I kind of wanna try something new. I also dont want to be chasing the misc issues that an old BMW can get. If I can get by with a cheap car for now, once I'm making money I'll again be in the market for a clean BMW, possibly an e30 M3 to celebrate a new job.

Keywords: jdm integra civic ek eg gsr prelude accord honda d15 b18 bmw audi benz

How could you possibly go wrong?!?!?!?

Double wishbone suspension handles gloriously. 

Read my lips/keyboard/post: I WOULD OWN A CIVIC HATCH/INTEGRA/RSX IF I COULD OWN ONE AND BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Unfortunately the reputation and credibility of modified Honda owners has been run through a Slap Chop for 12 hours, ground to a fine paste, set on fire, then nuked from orbit. 

You should ask him to lower the price if he removes the concealed narcotics from the nooks and crannies of the vehicle. 

I was hoping to sell the narcotics and make more profit :/

And truthfully, I think this is an incredibly cool looking little car:

01-1998-honda-civic-type-r-enkei-RPF1-wh

oh, and now that I see that its a trade,  you should demand an Xbox 360, a minimum of 8 games, and a Spyder paintball gun. 

Reacharounds go without saying. 

I've already negotiated TWO reacharounds. I'm no amateur..

Hondas are cheap to maintain and extremely reliable for daily use. The more stock they are the better. But I guess that goes with every car.

That's mostly what I'm looking for. Other than a nicer set of wheels and potentially a small drop, I would be leaving it stock. 

I started out at 16 yrs old reading Super Street, so I'll always love me some Hondas. I would drive the hell out of a clean EK hatch.

Same here...

Well this is what I would call going to the dark side haha. 

Anyways. I pay 200$ a month for insurance on the WRX. HOW IS AN E36 MORE EXPENSIVE FOR YOU?! They quoted me 80$ a month for an e36 Non M. Full coverage. 

Apparently they must go by engine size here at Progressive, because I couldn't believe it either.

They look good when they aren't the color of baby poop with rusty edges.......

The one in the CL ad I posted is kinda baby poop-ish..

That's why I said it. And rusty around the edges. lol

Are you looking for full coverage or liability with comp? I have liability with comp on my e34 and it is only $48 a month through Progressive. I also have zero glass deductible and road side assistance=)

Aaahhh I misread you first post, i thought thou were being facetious! 

That's why I said it. And rusty around the edges. lol

Are you looking for full coverage or liability with comp? I have liability with comp on my e34 and it is only $48 a month through Progressive. I also have zero glass deductible and road side assistance=)

Actually now that you mention it, I'll be going back to liability with comp since I wont have a loan on it..

Also have progressive. Its less to insure an evo LOL. But do you really think an e36 is expensive to have as a daily? Man they are dirt cheap and reliable too. 

Not too expensive, but my luck has been less than stellar with the e36 chassis!

If you want cheap just get an e36 with an m42. Super reliable and gets good gas mileage. Hell, get a compact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I've been looking, but most people are asking WAY too much for their clean e36s. And almost none of them want to trade for a WRX..

I pay like 22$ a month for liability on my e36, it is cheaper than the Nissan Maxima.  Granted this is just liability, but on paper my car is worthless so I wouldn't get much anyway if it got wrecked.  But you are probably right that most BMW owners are smart enough to steer clear of trading for a Subie...haha

My 91 jetta for comprehensive insurance is only $26 a month for me. I love that car.

As for a civic. I would be afraid to own the popular molested models. Too many kids doing things to a car with no clue. Im my opinion they are just trying to polish a turd. They are great cars but better left stock. They do burn synthetic oil and seem to go through piston rings quicker than other cars.

I pay like 22$ a month for liability on my e36, it is cheaper than the Nissan Maxima.  Granted this is just liability, but on paper my car is worthless so I wouldn't get much anyway if it got wrecked.  But you are probably right that most BMW owners are smart enough to steer clear of trading for a Subie...haha

pffff, I've gotten trade offers a plenty, but from kids that think a 95 318i sedan is worth $5k because it has blacked out lights, stripes, and has a roundel on the hood.

I priced out liability and comp on e46, e36m, and sunfire and I'd only be at 89 per month with roadside assistance on all cars. That was through progressive.

My record is somewhat spotty regarding traffic citations. When I first bought my 95 M3 (roughly 3 years ago) I was looking at $180/month for full coverage. Liability and comp I have no idea.

My 91 jetta for comprehensive insurance is only $26 a month for me. I love that car.

As for a civic. I would be afraid to own the popular molested models. Too many kids doing things to a car with no clue. Im my opinion they are just trying to polish a turd. They are great cars but better left stock. They do burn synthetic oil and seem to go through piston rings quicker than other cars.

From what I gather this one is stock other than the crappy head unit. I'm gonna look at it tomorrow and see what the deal is.

Here's a pretty good looking one. http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/4434385947.html I had a alright experience with my 318is but it was given to me to I can't complain. I would get another one again for a daily just because M42 are great little runners.

It does look nice, if my car sells on it's own (not involving a trade) there's a 99% chance I end up in a BMW. Thing is I keep getting trades offers for imports + cash, so those are also very tempting.