WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

does anyone else hate emissions?

johnprusinski

ok so here is the story. i cant pass emissions on my VW because of something going on with my ECU. i dont feel like cutting off an arm to fix it either so here is my problem. does any one work at a shop that does emissions testing that is willing to just pass me? there will be a case of beer of your choice for you :D. im obviously getting desperate now and i need my car.

Call the number on your emissions paper that says about extending the time. There is an option to change the county the car resides in. Select that and tell them fond du lac or any other county that doesn't require emissions. They won't really questions you, plus its free.

I dont hate emissions, I hate the lack of proper safety inspections. There are a lot of cars with bad tires and brakes and even more with brake lights that dont work and headlights that are out. 

But some of these people are pretty smart. If you have a low beam out, just drive around with the high beams so you have 2 lights again  (rolleyes)

Is there a CEL that needs taking care of?

No need to supply an address the way I stated. The mk3 wouldnt pass emissions so I thought I would give it a shot. They asked what county and city it would be in. I told them and they asked a general why. I told them is was a pos and it'll be a parts hauler at a friends farm. They believed me and now it is registered in fond du lac county.

No need to supply an address the way I stated. The mk3 wouldnt pass emissions so I thought I would give it a shot. They asked what county and city it would be in. I told them and they asked a general why. I told them is was a pos and it'll be a parts hauler at a friends farm. They believed me and now it is registered in fond du lac county.

I would have just told them it was none of their fucking business. It's funny to watch DMV/SMOG employee's think that they HAVE to know everything about your car/etc. And in reality, they don't need to be told shit. I always go in acting like a mute.