WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Feeler???.... 5er meet, sometime, somewhere

camarok

Getting the ball rolling. 

I do not want to be in charge of this event

So, this thread  http://www.wibimmers.com/board/index.php?/topic/878-any-other-e39s/  generated a bit of enthusiasm on a 5er only meet.

Personally I haven't made it to any wibimmers specific meet yet, partly it's cluttered with e30's, not that it's bad, don't get me wrong. 

I'd be nice to get some 5er's involved in the social aspect of things, maybe we won't be as timid to get together with the club.

I'm not looking for a drunkfest with a campfire ( although I'm not ruling it out ) but I  am looking for a nice gathering of people and sharing stories of cars, drives, working on cars, swearing at cars.... etc.

WI bimmers, let's face it, is primarily SE Milwaukee. There are others around the area for sure. 

Getting something somewhat central to group would be ideal.

What are some thoughts? 

i would go.  but honestly stuff doesn't happen not because there is a lack of people that would come, but because generally no one steps up to be in charge. i've done a couple meets, you just have to set the date and be there. don't ask everyone when might work for them or what they want to do, waffle waffle, just do it.

I'd gladly do it! I wouldn't mind holding an event, but I live in Madison. If all the 5'ers are willing to travel to Madison, I'd gladly host a day of stories/ light wrench jobs, etc.

You already got a meet on your plate sir! I'm up for helping out in any way I can, could even run it I suppose. Nothing is on the slate yet for June or May as far as meets go. I think it would be great to have a photo shoot out, especially with a small amount of cars that would work well. Either way I'm all for a 5er meet  :cool:

You already got a meet on your plate sir! I'm up for helping out in any way I can, could even run it I suppose. Nothing is on the slate yet for June or May as far as meets go. I think it would be great to have a photo shoot out, especially with a small amount of cars that would work well. Either way I'm all for a 5er meet  :cool:

I have a spot on the slate in June, dick. And May might not work, as I think Jake and I are heading out to H2oi this year...

I have a spot on the slate in June, dick. And May might not work, as I think Jake and I are heading out to H2oi this year...

What does May have to do with H20i? H20i is always during one of the last weekends in September. We are a ways away from that. Lol Are you speaking of Automotion?

i would go.  but honestly stuff doesn't happen not because there is a lack of people that would come, but because generally no one steps up to be in charge. i've done a couple meets, you just have to set the date and be there. don't ask everyone when might work for them or what they want to do, waffle waffle, just do it.

I'm right with you on that, I've tried hosting events as well, and it's not as simple as it sounds. Some of it is age demographic some is location.

I just don't have the time to construct the event, I saw the interest and decided to push it forward so....Cyoung has interest but has a meet on his hands already. I deem who ever wants to make this happen should start a new thread. I just don't know the general interest of  the 5er crowd to make it worth while to do.

What does May have to do with H20i? H20i is always during one of the last weekends in September. We are a ways away from that. Lol Are you speaking of Automotion?

I meant SoWo, AKA Southern Worthersee. An yeah, H2oi is in september. But either way, Jake an I are debating on heading out there. dunno if we're taking the E46, or the rat mobiles.

Sorry I meant July

Cyoung has interest but has a meet on his hands already. I deem who ever wants to make this happen should start a new thread. I just don't know the general interest of  the 5er crowd to make it worth while to do.

I got nothing going on as far a meets right now except helping Stance Co out with the spring grill out rescheduled for April 21st. Lets get some ideas together for what we wanna do at the meet. Do we wanna cruise/hangout/shoot photos/travel to some place??

• 3 months later...