WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Madison Wibimmers car meet. Come vote for food, and what dates work best!

Brian.

What to do for food/eats  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What to do for food/eats

• Quaker steak and lube
    • $5 fee, and we just get pizza and soda, like the Autumn meet.
    • $5 fee and we grill out
    • Your personal suggestion.

Like the title says, Ryan.... and I are looking on hosting a Wibimmers meet. Only issue is, Ryan and I are both strapped for cash like mofo's.

Post what dates do or do not work best for you! (or car meets you think we should try to avoid having our meet on the same day with)

So we're thinking the best way to make this meet would be to meet up in a huge lot, close to a gas station, so you can buy sodas and what not while the meet is going on, and we all go for a cruise through the Mt. Horeb area, or some other prearranged route, and end up at a restaurant that you all vote for. Suggestions are welcome as to what you like to eat as well.

No, McDonalds will not be an option. I'm thinking something like Quaker Steak and lube. They have awesome food, a great selection, and the price is reasonable for everyone. Plus they're gear head related!

Option one: We meet up at Quaker Steak and lube in Madison. (2259 Deming Way Middleton, WI 53562) The parking lot is plenty big enough for the WiBimmers crew, plus their friends. It'd also put us closer to the Mt. Horeb area for the cruise. And I know we wouldn't get hounded for having a huge group of BMW's there from the local L.E.O.'s

Option two: We can meet at a park, or some sort of prearranged venue (Kind of like the Pewaukee meet with Badger Bimmers last year) and charge a $5 fee per person to cover cost of Food/beverages/prizes. With that in mind, Ryan an I could order pizza/soda's and prizes, and what ever extra money we make, would cycle back into the WiBimmers forum To help Chris and Zach pay for the site we all love and enjoy!

Option three:This is you're idea of what you'd like to have done. Or further suggestions.

Here's the current list of dates of the "major car shows" in the midwest.

Automotion

http://www.wisdells.com/wisconsin-de...automotion.cfm

May 18-19

Wis. Dells

King Motor sports Dyno day

TBA

Another Level

http://anotherlevelcarshow.com/Show_Info.html

They are currently working on a venue and more details will be posted on their facebook in the early part of the year

August 3rd

Shootout

http://highboostforum.com/forum/show...M-EVO-SHOOTOUT

August 16, 17, 18

Ohio

Dubs in the Valley

http://www.dubsinthevalley.com/10/index.php

TBA

Scooters GTG

http://scootersgtg.webs.com/

TBA

Midwest Treffen

http://www.midwesttreffen.com/info_show.php

TBA

Zero Clearance

Stretch Your Legs 10

Feb 17

2pm

Montrose Harbor, Chicago, IL

StanceWisconsin

March 24th

Whitewater

April 28th

Miller Park

August 25th

Miller Park

Edited by Brian

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, for all you guys and gals that wanna show up to a town cruise, Madison in summer always has these meets at Rocky Rococo's on East Wash. I think it'd be awesome if we all rolled up after the WiBimmers meet, and showed Madison what our BMW Crowd looks like. They do some sweet cruises down the strip/through the college, and it's all around fun.

We'll gather up some dates tonight for other shows to plan around at our event planning meeting cause we're trying to plan a meet as well.

I would be all for cruising down 14 from middleton and then taking some backroads into mt. horeb. One of my favorite areas to drive! Either we could just chill in mt. horeb for a while and cook out or head back to middleton for Quaker Steak.

As long as we find something well in advance, I should have no problem getting off work, or at least scheduling it so I can attend the majority of the meet again :)

Plus, if people are game, the roads in the Mt. Horeb area are incredible, similar to the roads near Zachs, but much longer/spread out. I've taken the bike out there and had a blast!

Only issue is, its about a 30 minute drive from where we'd most likely meet.

As long as we find something well in advance, I should have no problem getting off work, or at least scheduling it so I can attend the majority of the meet again :)

Shouldn't be an issue. I want it far enough in advance, yet close enough so it's not forever away.

Plus, if people are game, the roads in the Mt. Horeb area are incredible, similar to the roads near Zachs, but much longer/spread out. I've taken the bike out there and had a blast!

Only issue is, its about a 30 minute drive from where we'd most likely meet.

That would be splendid I think. As long as people don't drive as crazy as last time! lol.

Honda no-doubt makes a great car, and is one of the few companies that knows how to do FWD right, but no-thanks to the Honda tuning scene.

I would own an Integra ( did for a short while, but I dont count that) if:

A) It wouldnt get stolen

B) I could modify it, drive it, and still be taken seriously by the rest of the world.

Honda no-doubt makes a great car, and is one of the few companies that knows how to do FWD right, but no-thanks to the Honda tuning scene.

A) It wouldnt get stolen

B) I could modify it, drive it, and still be taken seriously by the rest of the world.

I've always wanted a clean CRX, but probably wont for the same reasons you listed..

A) It wouldnt get stolen

So unbelievably true..